Synthetic FULL stock wanted

Saulg

During the 1994 hunting season, I fell down a small cliff face and broke the stock on my 6.5 X 55 Sako FULL Stocked Carbine along with my back. The stock broke through the pistol grip area and it can not be repaired.

Since I'm wanting to have it re-stocked, I thought of having it done in synthetic fibres.

The problem is that I have not been able to find one, period, let alone available.

I have contacted some of the custom stock makers and they said to send them a wooden stock and they would be able to make a one off (of). I can't send them mine as it is in pieces and I'd have to buy a wooden stock to send to them to make the mold from.

With the popularity of full stocked rifles, especially in Europe, I would have thought that there would be more of a demand for this stock in synthetic, boy was I ever wrong. The gun makers don't even offer them.

Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thank you

rocking horse [censored] would be easier to come by..
full stocked rifles may look pretty , but they are a pain in the ***. a syntheric schtutzen stock would be a one off.
I'd have a go my self if i where you,,
sorry i can't help,,

i'd just put a McMillan on it and have done,,. regards Pete

MPI in portland OR. can probably fix you up. 503-2261215. I have a custom 600 Remington in 350 mag with a MPI mannlicher stock,and dearly love it. Dave.

MPI is the ONLY company offering a synthetic full stock for rifles, without going the custom route.

Thank you for the link, I'll be forwarding them my broken rifle and hopefully will get it back in time for the hunting season.

Thank you again.

OK,
So now you have a possible source for a new stock, where are you going to get a new back?

Glad to see you kept your priorities and got the gun squared away first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Five operations later, having to re-learn to walk, probably another one slated this Spring.
Went hunting, the first time in nearly 10 years, last year and got my two deer (BP & rifle) and a moose and wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of an ATV to get to and from the stands...there isn't much use of the self climbing type around these parts, mostly ground blinds or the tripod or lean against ladder type.
I took a .375 H&H with me as a back up moose rifle and sighting it in wasn't too bad until the fourth shot, then I started to feel it.
I've had all of my rifles ported (even my varmint calibers)--to reduce muzzle climb & recoil--and muzzle brakes installed to the heavier hitting--use them for sighting in...combined together they even make my uncle's .458 Lott relatively tame. He did his, after mine--even old dogs can learn new tricks.

This is the list! Correct? Family, health, guns, food, guns, house, guns, fishing stuff, guns, camping stuff, guns, clothing, guns, etc. & etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.