Switching Barrels.

kc

I am planing to replace the Barrel on my .308 to a better quality one. the action was already blue printed/lugs were done and just about anything I can think of.
QUESTION?...If I switch my Barrel is there any other work that must be done to the action?
I can keep all work @ tolerances of of better than NASA close. We have a Machine shop/tool and die, with grinders and Machines that would make any one go WOW!

If the action has already been blueprinted, than no, there's nothing that absolutely needs to be done to the action. Just thread, chamber amd crown as normal. I prefer though to use a Holland recoil lug rather than the factory recoil lug, as it's usually never parrallel. If you go with a different recoil lug you will have to re-bed the action again though. But now is the time to replace the recoil lug if you haven't already.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.