Swavorskie vs Night Force NSX

A few clarifications:

"actually the glass and coatings are exactly the same."

- Not true.

"there are some differences with the 2 when you start talking about unreal ruggedness. he hensoldt is made to military specs and costs somewhere's between 500 to 1k more than comparable zeiss."

- True

"am pretty sure the tubes are the same on most of them except for a few of the hensoldt's which would employ the 34mm tube and then there is the 6x24x72 diavari which also has the 34mm tube."

- Partially true. The 6-24's both share the same main tube. This is the only similarity.

"even with the increase in tube size, hensoldt did not give much more in the way of moa adjustments."

- Not at all true. The Hensoldt 3-12x56 has 40 mils (144 MOA) of adjustment range; More than any NightForce.

"my point is that if your life is on the line and the diff in a couple of % points in light transmission and dazzling optics is not that important because what you need is something that will not fail regardless then go with a nightforce and be done with it. if on the other hand, you play war games and you are going to use your scope for said purposes and not be targeted yourself then you can get a scope that is in, my opinion, better than both of the ones that are mentioned for less/less."

- You loss me here a little with the grammer. Regardless, Hensoldt had scopes in combat for over 100 years when Nightforce opened its doors.

"most of the people that I have spoken with have told me that the internals and mechanics on the zeiss are as good as the nightforce but they just do not do the same job of advertising as nightforce. the diff being that some do not want to trade off 100 moa of adjustment on their scope for one that has around 60 moa. easily rectified by putting on an 20 moa base."

- Once again not true. See elevation adjustment answer above.

"in reality the chance that most of us are going to be taking meaningful shots at anything past 1k yards is slim. In those same scenarios, either and all of the scopes in question can take a 308 to past 1200 yards or so with the right bullet combinations. with higher power rifles, much farther."

- Partially true. Way too blanketing. This depends on who you are talking to.

"the nightforce, because of its diff in adjustments able to go much farther than that."

- Once again... Not True. See above.

"I do not know what the adjustment range is on the swaro's."

- Me either

"the nightforce does have alot more choices that you can decide from like mil/mil and the list goes on. also if you want a taylor made scope for exactly what you need, you can look up uso also. they will make something for you exactly how you spec it out. they do run a little more with all the options but you can get something that is exactly what you want to build. I have never had the priv of using one but hear that they are great also. "

- Too many choices. Mil/Mil is the only way to go.

Hope that helps!

Optik

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.