night force bases vs badger bases

yzm19

i was wanting to know what people thought about the two different bases. im going to get one of them but not sure prolly badgers. i was going to get the 20moa also.

Nightforce use-to-use Badger base and rings but now they make their own. Nightforce make scope like they make scopes very, very well. I use Nightforce, Badger, and Leupold. The quality Nightforce is as good as it gets.

Mike @ CSGW

I like Badger products, so much I have replaced all bases and rings on my long range rifles that carry Nightforce scopes. I also don't mix and match different manufactures' rings and bases. Just my $0.02.
db

Many will argue "no", but what I have found over 50 years of hunting, shooting and fishing etc. I think it does. I will admit that over the years I've used just about every combination of rings, bases, one piece, two piece, quick detachable that was available. Then a few years ago I began looking at what I had mounted on my rifles. I didn't like what I saw. It's no wonder the scopes wouldn't hold zero after time, rough handling, dropping etc. Chris Matthews of LongShotRifles recommended Badger for a custom rifle he was building for me. I was very impressed with the excellent fit and ruggedness of the product. I maybe wrong, but I believe if products are made on the same machines by the same manufactures, you have less of a tendency of introducing undesired variations in fit that can result in miss hits at long distance. So I don't mix manufactures' products anymore. I will admit that there are many quality pieces made by various companies, but I was introduced to Badger and that's what I use on my long range rigs. I'm sure many will disagree, but this my opinion that has been formed through years of the "persiut of perfection" madness.
db

I have mounted 100's of scopes. I will say I do not like mixing base like dovetail Leupold with Redfield because I have seen issues. When I have used high-end bases like Badger, Nightforce, and USO I have not seen any problems. The Low-end TAC rings and base I have handed problem but again I have not seen this with the high-end.

Mike @ CSGW

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts