Swarovski or Zeiss spotting scope

TBerkhouse

My wife and I want to buy either a Swarovski or Zeiss (not interested in other brands, sorry) spotting scope for use around the house or in the truck for viewing eagles, swans, big game, and occasionally star-gazing. In my limited online research, we are leaning toward:

Swarovski ATS HD 20-60 x 65 (or 25-50W x 65) or

Zeiss FL Victory Diascope T*FL 15-56 x 65

Thoughts and personal experiences with these 2 scopes appreciated.

Also, how well do power doublers work for star-gazing, and are they available for these 2 scopes?

Try a Google search. Lots of info and reviews out there from hunting sites, birding sites, etc. That is what I do when looking for optic related information. Some places to start would be "Optic talk", "dark lord of optics" and birdforum.net.

My wife and I want to buy either a Swarovski or Zeiss (not interested in other brands, sorry) spotting scope for use around the house or in the truck for viewing eagles, swans, big game, and occasionally star-gazing. In my limited online research, we are leaning toward:

Also, how well do power doublers work for star-gazing, and are they available for these 2 scopes?

You wont go wrong with either that you choose!

I prefer the swaro's larger focusing wheel as well as the focusing mechanism. The small focusing wheel on the zeiss is more difficult for me to use with a gloved hand and it's got a wierd focusing mechanism that i never really got used to.

I don't know if you plan on digiscoping, but i find the accessories for the swaro are better.

Optically you can't go wrong with either.

Zeiss Spotting Scopes | Spotting Scopes at Discount Sale Price | SportOptics
Swarovski Spotting Scope ATS / STS HD Complete Outfits- Swarovski Spotting Scopes

I have a zeiss 85 mm dia scope and really like it.
Not the best picture unless you consider that it was taken at 2.5 miles away + with a iPhone held up to the eye piece. No adaptor

62fbb05049e43551c048f6c407ef828d.jpg

e46044dc7561e2c4403af0a45c6c0559.jpg

f06a3ca9780d553fcfae1bfd27b1fe69.jpg

I ended up harvesting him the next day

If staying in the 65mm I liked the swaro but I went to an 85 and got the Ziess with the 75x zoom. If you can get both next to each other at the store go outside and let your eyes choose. From what I heard though the new swaro atx is just flat out the best

Not wanting to start any cat fights, just saying Leica definitely should be considered in that company. I am a big fan of Zeiss products and service but the last two sheep guides I hunted with had Leica 65's. These guys were paying for their scopes. Last September we were able to evaluate Aoudad rams right at a mile at 50 power with the temperature over 90 degrees. Not many scopes have what it takes to do that. If you get the chance do a side by side comparison. Any spotting scope for sheep is a compromise. Good luck.

Not being a smart *** to you here. But the only scopes I hunt with or fool around with are Zeiss, Swaro and I've bought a few Kahles scopes. Warming up to S&B.

What you're asking here is should I buy a Roll Royce Phantom with 2 seats or 4? Really you can't go wrong with Zeiss or Swarovski for what you're asking.

Now my personal opinion Zeiss' high end glass is slightly better for extreme low light viewing but it doesn't appear that won't be applied here. I would decide on what features you like best with each. The glass, resolution and build quality will be fantastic in both!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts