SW KS 2008 Buck

Gunner75

For my second post, I couldn't resist. Took this guy this year and couldn't be happier. Not the biggest I have ever seen around here, but darn sure a good shooter.

Taken with a TRG .338LM running 225gr Nosler Accubonds, Lapua Brass, F215M Primer, H4831SC.

Now, for the big question. How far? Well I was expecting a 500yrd shot but had to settle for 150yrds! Bullet retained 108gr and all I can say is shot placement is key. Shot him just in front of left shoulder, bullet contacted 2nd or 3rd rib, barly missing the spine, but catching one lung, exited the right rear rib cage but did not go through the hide. Not exactly what I was expecting to find, but worked out ok.

Anyway, here he is. (Pic makes him look a bit wider than he actually is). Green score of 174. Official to come in a couple weeks.

IMG_1705-1.jpg

Very nice deer!!

My TRG shot the 300 SMK very well with R22 powder. I also shoot that load in my custom 338 LM and deer out to 1,003 yards have been complete pass throughs.

Accubonds do that. Deer hide is like a catching mitt for accubonds. I've recovered 6 or so on the other side of the hide.

Nice deer btw. Super nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.