SW KS 2008 Buck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Gunner75, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Active Member

For my second post, I couldn't resist. Took this guy this year and couldn't be happier. Not the biggest I have ever seen around here, but darn sure a good shooter.

Taken with a TRG .338LM running 225gr Nosler Accubonds, Lapua Brass, F215M Primer, H4831SC.

Now, for the big question. How far? Well I was expecting a 500yrd shot but had to settle for 150yrds! Bullet retained 108gr and all I can say is shot placement is key. Shot him just in front of left shoulder, bullet contacted 2nd or 3rd rib, barly missing the spine, but catching one lung, exited the right rear rib cage but did not go through the hide. Not exactly what I was expecting to find, but worked out ok.

Anyway, here he is. (Pic makes him look a bit wider than he actually is). Green score of 174. Official to come in a couple weeks.

[​IMG]

2. long450

long450 Well-Known Member

Very nice deer!!

My TRG shot the 300 SMK very well with R22 powder. I also shoot that load in my custom 338 LM and deer out to 1,003 yards have been complete pass throughs.

3. Magnumpeanut

Magnumpeanut Well-Known Member

Accubonds do that. Deer hide is like a catching mitt for accubonds. I've recovered 6 or so on the other side of the hide.

Nice deer btw. Super nice.

4. 7STDUBBERU

7STDUBBERU Well-Known Member

Great buck! Sweet rifle too. Hey I have seen you post that pic on another forum also, just can not remember where...

5. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

Damn nice buck, he looks almost half as wide as the tailgate:D