Suzuki king quad...reliable?

I have had 3 over the last 20 years. I replaced the the standard battery with a newer style very light weight battery my motorcycle riding brother suggested and have never had any problems with any of the models I have owned. Cold start never an issue. My present 750 king quad has the power steering and has been awesome. I am around 200# and carried 3 does out (all at once) on it last season with no problems. Used the winch to load a 350# hog on the back and also hauled it out on another occasion no problem. Wish I could remember the name of that new battery as it is going on 5+ years now and the old lead/acid versions never lasted more than 3 or rarely 4 years. Nothing but good things to say for the King Quads. I think the fuel injection and never using anything but real premium gas is also important for really cold starting issues.

Picked it up. Pretty good shape for a 07 really. I rode it at the guys house with no issues. Get it home and it ran for 2 min and then stalled and wouldnt run. It would idle but would stall if you gave it gas. Did research and put a new spark plug in it. All fixed and runs great
Looks like yours has had the tires upsized. I did that to mine and really like the extra ground clearance. These are the best gasoline powered pack horses around. Be careful they will go 60+ mph on a dirt road but the off road tires don't stop worth a hoot.

Looks like yours has had the tires upsized. I did that to mine and really like the extra ground clearance. These are the best gasoline powered pack horses around. Be careful they will go 60+ mph on a dirt road but the off road tires don't stop worth a hoot.
Ya it's got 26.5 ITP mud lights. It's also got a 2.5in lift which I'm taking out. The bigger tires I feel hurt the bottom end hit but it has plenty of top end.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts