Surgeon RSR in R700 inlet stock?

You need trim a spot for the side bolt release, not sure on the recoil lug area. May need to be lengthened a bit, not hard to do if your bedding anyway.

loading port cut is also a little different but not difficult to open or leave as is.

Thanks for the info. Is it worth the wait to get one inletted perfect? Talking 4 months...

I am getting my smith to put a 1086 in a HS stock off a Sendero. I may upgrade down the road, but not necessary. Almost forgot, the bolt handle also is not swept back like the 700 so it may need some tuning aswell.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. Do you all think it would be worth the 3-4 month wait to get one ordered that is correct? I'm kind of picky, but if it won't be much different is there a point in the wait?

I should have an HTG here in the next week or so setup for an R700 SA. That's my deal. I could get it done in the next month or wait to get an A3 in 3-4 Months......decisions.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.