SUREFIRE LIGHTS - does anybody use them?

Thanks man, I will look them up as I also need to find a decent pouch for this light as Im moving it onto my Jump bag and gonna just keep a small mini mag and a penlight in my tool holster...

Take care,

'Squatch........

bro sure fire has a pack of lithium bats on sale for 15 bux for 12 bats. wish these were rechargable. might think about the charger adapter

Charles,
I have been testing this "blood filter" effect since some of the deer that we are killing in the CWD cull are shot towards the end of the day. Using the NRA special - G2Z Nitrolon Combat Light - and the flipup blue filter, best we get is a few shiny glistening areas on a fresh blood smear or even a small puddle. Have tried it several times with same result, even tried another model of light with a different style of blue filter (slip-on rather than pop-up like a Butler Creek) and same.

When I take the filter off I can pickup bright red better than I can see the dark coloration of the blood and the little sparkles that I get from the filter.

Glad to hear that it works for you, so far we have not been impressed with it but will try some more. Interesting to see if we can get a yellow tinge to some blood, so far have not seen that. Maybe these CWD infested critters have screwed-up blood
wink.gif

Squatch
As you probably know Surefire sells batteries for 15 bucks per dozen, that beats anywhere else I have seen.

If you use the lights a lot I find that the tacical battery holder is great for storing six batteries and a spare bulb. It is very well made and handy, not too expensive either.

Also the Surefire catalog is fantastic - superb photography and toys in there that you have to see to believe. Very interesting company.

Squatch,
Botach runs some specials on the batteries now and again. If you're lucky they won't screw the order up to bad. Best to call on the phone and make sure they have them in stock.

Dave,
I am working with a group of Surefires for an NRA piece, Jan. issue, they are great flashlights. I am particularly impressed with the Sportsman since you can clip it to the bill of your cap and the light tracks where you look. You need a good fitting cap since the weight of the light will droop the bill if the cap is loose. Also like the G2 for its size and brightness.

I put LED heads on a couple of the lights and have been getting better battery life. Also have an LED model called the Digital which actually has two intensities of light output, lower one is very easy on batteries and adequate for walking after dark etc.
Texas
You probably already know how fantastic the M6 is, I am in awe of its power. My M6 will actually light up low ceiling clouds at night - yet it fits into my pocket. That was with the lower-power bulb, it comes with two. Expensive but what other flashlight can reach like that? I have found that the M6 is the ultimate for following blood trails, lights up blood really bright red. Pricey tho, 9 bucks each battery load since it takes 6 in a special quick load holder. Really should have a special holster for this light, keep the front lens clean etc. Hate to lose it! Interested to hear what you think of yours when you get it.

Do most people just buy straight from SureFire or do other dealers sell for less than Surefire does?

I was referring to the prices on the lights themselves.....not the batteries.....the surefire site has better prices on batteries than anywhere Ive found.....

However, lol Im guessin there is gonna be a good reason to that, in the overall life and quality of them...

'Squatch........

I use a m6 surefire while bowhunting in so cal and since i live very close to surefire i buy direct from them. the only thing is they sure eat up those lithium battery's. so buy them buy the case. so cal hunter

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.