suppressors

Tikkamike

My dad and a mutual friend recently went to new zealand on a hunt and got to use supressors for the first time. after using them our friend came back and put 8 of them on order. I recently got to shoot a few of them and I learned that they are by no means a silencer. but they do quiet it down a lot. and make it pretty fun to shoot without hearing protection. My buddy that had them started off with the 9" thunderbeast because he wanted the most effective can possible. he has since put some of the 5" moderators on order. I am thinking about ordering a 30ps suppressor. then I would thread all my guns under 30 cal for that one suppressor. wondering is anyone has any experience with them or some input? I think it would be a kick in the pants on a coyote rifle

Word of wisdom get a titanium 338 thunderbeast can and call it good...sure its a little big but you can run it on anything under a 338 and it works really well. I have run mine on 338 lapua, 300 norma, 260, and 308 and it works very well. Besides in a state where you can use one while hunting it sure be nice not pack hearing pro with you everywhere. We have both the 30p1 and 338p1 cans and wish we had two 338p1s for sure.

Jordan@406

do you notice any difference between the 338p1 and the 30p1 on the smaller diameter callibers? I really dont have anything over 3o cal that I would use it on right now because everything bigger already has brakes that I dont plan to take off.

The 30p1 and 30ba is rated for 300 win mag and anything under. I have a 30ba and shoot my 308 and 6.5 through it. I don't shoot either rifle without. I have also shot my 223 through it a bunch, but since I built the 6.5 I don't shoot the 223 as much.

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Call go down and talk to Thunderbeast. I went in, and that was the conclusion for my issue. One can, everything smaller then .30 cal. Right know I'm "Pending" with ATF.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.