suggestions on videos or books

nyshooter

I have been lurking around this forum for a while now. I have been intently reading, and learning from, thread after thread about long range shooting. I have recently purchased my first "precision" rifle and am eager to begin. I do not want to inconvenience/ bore anybody for any long drawn out answers regarding my new hobby. I have searched the site for suggested books and videos and there have been many. it is all a bit overwhelming. Most of the suggested books seem like they are way beyond my current skill/comprehension level. any suggestions on just a basic beginners book? or video? and please don't suggest practice. I live in the heart of the Adirondacks in upstate NY, the closest long range shooting I have access to is about a 1.5 hour drive. I practice as much as my wallet and wife allow ,haha. Thanks for your time.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.