suggestions on videos or books

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by nyshooter, Sep 24, 2013.

1. nyshooter

nyshooter Member

I have been lurking around this forum for a while now. I have been intently reading, and learning from, thread after thread about long range shooting. I have recently purchased my first "precision" rifle and am eager to begin. I do not want to inconvenience/ bore anybody for any long drawn out answers regarding my new hobby. I have searched the site for suggested books and videos and there have been many. it is all a bit overwhelming. Most of the suggested books seem like they are way beyond my current skill/comprehension level. any suggestions on just a basic beginners book? or video? and please don't suggest practice. I live in the heart of the Adirondacks in upstate NY, the closest long range shooting I have access to is about a 1.5 hour drive. I practice as much as my wallet and wife allow ,haha. Thanks for your time.

2. emn83

emn83 Well-Known Member

I'm a newbie too, and, honestly, both of Bryan Litz's books are great resources if you are interested in the "how" of bullet flight ballistics and are very accessible

3. nyshooter

nyshooter Member

Thanks for the reply, I will start looking for those books right away. I want to have a brain full of
    knowledge before my shooting trip next week.