Suggestions on a new range finder or binoculars

C-130 Dude

I an thinking of getting new glass. My range finder bit the dust long ago.

The question is this: do I get separate binoculars AND a range finder? Or do I get a combined binocular/range finder? Oh yeah, my old glass was a 10x42.

I haven't shopped for these new items for a LONG time.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited:
I used to do the Range finder/wind meter/ballistic solver routine and have since opted for the Sig Kilo and kestrel with applied ballistics, which is so much easier. Blutooth the two together and read your solution right in the binoculars as your laying over your rifle!

I used to do the Range finder/wind meter/ballistic solver routine and have since opted for the Sig Kilo and kestrel with applied ballistics, which is so much easier. Blutooth the two together and read your solution right in the binoculars as your laying over your rifle!
Is this a separate or combined solution?

I an thinking of getting new glass. My range finder bit the dust long ago.

The question is this: do I get separate binoculars AND a range finder? Or do I get a combined binocular/range finder? Oh yeah, my old glass was a 10x42.

I haven't shopped for these new items for a LONG time.

Any ideas or suggestions?
its personal preference but Ive used both and will never go back to separate units. Its much faster to range game as your glassing and you dont have to find it again with a separate lense thats probably less zoom and glass quality.

I like the rangefinding binoculars better because you have more zoom, usually, when you're ranging the farther distances. I got the Leica 2200 HDs currently.

its personal preference but Ive used both and will never go back to separate units. Its much faster to range game as your glassing and you dont have to find it again with a separate lense thats probably less zoom and glass quality.
As you do this, are you using some sort of separate ballistic computer?

In my case the Kestrel has the ballistic solver with my information entered, I take a wind reading and a direction of fire reading, click the button on the binocular and it spits out a solution taking into account the range from the binocular and the wind and dof from the kestrel/solver.

The only pain that I have experience is the blutooth disconnecting if either the binocular or the kestrel cycling off.

Front carry bins and like a light set up 10x32 els. I use sig 2400 ABS.In small pouch on shoulder strap ,binds are attached to shoulder straps to with FHF, QD harness. Bow hunting timber I only carry RF,or pocket bins 7x 32type leica

I've used both methods, multi units & single combo.

This last season I went with Leica Geovid Pros for a Backcountry Bow hunt. Unit worked great.

I'll be using it this season for Rifle Hunts.
I Have it set up with AB Elite for Ballistics all in the Binos.

I anticipate it to work well in both applications & May stick with the ranging Binos for use.

Either way it'll be Leica products.