stxhunter -- South Texas Rain 2007

yea, I got a grin on my face too.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Mr. Walker a ranch owner who ownes 275,000 acres next to us told our ranch hand that he has not seen it this wet since he has been alive. Mr. Walker is 83yrs old.. Alot of the high protein brush species still has alot of new growth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Standing water everywhere in low lying area's & all creeks had water ~daaa.. Got the truck stuck twice this weekend ~ dang it!, but whooho.. Alot of rocking and shoveling, but we finally got out--- wouldn't be any fun if didn't get stuck... Got down to the ranch about 10:30PM Friday night & went out to fill feeders. I set my timers back to 1 feeding in the morning about 5sec's. There is just so much for them to eat. Also buried 3 mineral blocks in the ground. Rained Sat. morning ~ got .2".. On the way back to Austin Sat. I caught a shower heading into Freer, It was a goooood intensive rain shower. I know it went West to East on Hwy 59. You said that you are just north of Freer right. I bet you got it good! Saw two big Rainbows just north of Freer on 59 too! Beautiful sight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll post some pic's later. Everything is growing at such a rapid rate, I spend most of my time clearing sendero's too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shoot I can't stop grinning: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just waiting to see what Mother Nature will provide us with this year!! I'm sure you know the main ingredient for big buck's ~ nutrition, nutrition, nutrition......

thought I had posted some pic's, but they didn't come through. Here's another try:

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0036-1.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0026-1.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

here piggy, piggy, piggy.. I bet the hogs are having a field day. That's alot of rain. Have any fish in the tank?

Oh, I have never been stuck @ the ranch & this weekend I got stuck twice... It was just swampy everywhere. Here come the mosquitoes....

nice! I stocked my uncles tank about 8yrs ago with Bass, Bluegille, read ear perch, and sun perch along with about 5K minnows. Haven't been down to his place in awhile, but the last time I was there the fishing was good. We lost alot of fish when the tank overflowed several yrs. back & that's why I was asking if you had any fish in there. My uncles tank has a creek coming into and going out of the tank when the banks are over flowen.. The Bluegille are quite tasty.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I PM Len B. the last time we PM each other and had this problem. Len was able to reply to my PM? I wonder if you should try and contact him and see if there is someting wrong with the profile? Just a thought.

Len if you get this or any of the Admin's could you help us out? Stxhunter is not able to reply to my PM's... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

hey stxhunter

where is your place at. i just got another 6000ac in beeville. we need to go shot some yotes out there. the ranch has a lot of good open country. good for long shots /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif we got about 1" of rain today in north bee and about 2.5" in central bee county at my other ranch. i also just got a 30 foot fountain with twin 225 merc and need some help with the gas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif if you would like to go fishing let me know. if the wind ever lets up. see you at work. here's my boat [image][/image]

i never pass up a chance to run offshore work premitting i went last wens between jobs we took the zodiac and got some ling (cobia) i just started a big commercial job so i'll be tied up for the next 5-6 weeks but i will fish the deep sea round up and ska tourny out of island moorings next month. did some work in beeville last fri. man that store on the corner of 59 and 181 has got the best BBQ ive ever had that was store bought. I'd like to blast some yotes when i get a chance are place is 10 miles north of freer off 59 gots lots of yotes but its pretty brushy so unless they come out and stop in the sendero you don't get a shot to often
ling002.jpg

well give me a call 361-765-9845. i have over 12,000 ac we can hunt on when ever. with lots of hogs and dogs that need to be shoot. my 338/300rum that kirby is building sould be here soon i can't wait to send some 300grn smk down range at 2900fps. i just got my night force 5.5x22x50 in man what a scope.the ranch i just leased is great for long shoots i need to set up some targets out there. what are you shooting?

Looks like Freer is going to get hammered by a big storm. Lots of Red on the radar and it's a pretty big storm. Probably going to hit Freer in about 45min... Doesn't look like we will be getting any of that storm.. We are too far south. Looks like it will barley miss us, but I saw a small shower go through the ranch earlier today....

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts