stxhunter -- South Texas Rain 2007

Haven't had a chance to hit the ater despite some great weather here and there. Usually by this time of year I am on top of the fish in the bay and surf. HAven't even wet a line this year.

Good luck in the SKA, I have a friend who fished it several years ago and he said it was a hoot. Combined a fishing trip with a cigar boat race. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shoot me a line when your gonna be there and we will try and get down there.

spino have you seen any monkeys around your place. my dad stop by the ranch hes heading up to the panhandle to visit my grandmother and uncle. he stop by the ranch today and when he was driving down the county rd he saw two monkeys run across the road holding hands this is the first time hes seen them the nieghbor told us he'd seen them before i'd like to shoot one and get it mounted that would drive my wife nuts having a stuffed monkey in the house

Nope no monkeys on our place. You have a special place there producing monkeys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.. In south texas? Wow! Don't think you will score any points with the wife mounting the monkey either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. We shot a greater Kudu on the ranch about 3yrs ago. Must have got loose from a neighboring ranch about 15 miles down the road that raised them. So anything is possible..

I watched a hunting show a few years ago that was filmed near cotulla and they had a troop of japanese snow monkeys on that ranch probally got loose from there over the years. Theres also a monkey farm between Alice tx and Kingville tx . They raise them for reseach use to deliver purina monkey chow there back when I worked for Alice feeders when I was a teen. I know they had several reeses monkeys get loose over the years I wonder if there living and breeding in the wild now

man i hope it keeps up so them trees will get established good. The weather guy said we should get some more this coming wensday.Planted some pecans and cypress trees here at the house also. Had about a inch yeaterday here in town

We were up at my mom's place this past weekend, and decided even though a little late we would throw out some peas and stuff in a half acre plot. I about choked on the dust when I knocked the top loose due to it being so dry. We planted it Sunday evening, and Monday even got three inches to water it in good. Hopefully in a week or two the seven bucks I saw will have something to help them out a bit.

All had about 6 or so inches of headgear so far, but one is already pushing close to or past 10". He looks like a potential winner if I can get the grandson on him before any of the neighbors get to him. Already had forks starting up on the ends. Around there if they have that at this time of year, they generally are pretty darn nice looking when they finish up.

Don't forget to shoot me a note when you head this way to fish. If we're not headed north I will be sure to at least come out and have a cold ice tea with ya.

sure will i don't know if where going to make the galveston tourny just started a big commercial job if i get it lined out and running smooth i'll be able to make that tourny but i will make the one in freeport in augest. a guy caught a 513# bullshark over in aransas pass yesterday new state record caught it in the bay by mud island. bet them guys wade fishing for reds and specks around there are going to think twice. i'll give you howler when we head up there if you get time to fish the pins shoot me an email address is in profile

looks like where going to get some tropical showers over the next 5 days hope they move in land enough to dump some rain on duval county. spino have you been out there I haven't had the time to get out that way the last couple of weeks

Yea, I saw the rain forcast for the next 10 days actually. It looks really good for consistent rain from May 27th through June 1st for Freer. Actually I'm going down for the weekend & I'll take some pic's. Better save up your Taxidermy $$$ this year!!! I'm sure there will be some big'uns running around. I've got a couple 5 1/2 year old's I'll be eagerly waiting to see how they grew with the rain this year. Shane @ Freer Deer Camp said that they could grow from 20" - 50" just cause of all the new browse from the rains.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

yeah radar says we got 4 inchs this morning i'm going to try and run up sunday hopefully the county rd won't be to bad last time it rained like this it was rough going getting in and out

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.