stuck recoil lug

midnightmalloy

I just got done bedding a tikka 595 with the removable recoil lug and despite all my taping and release agent attentiveness I cant get the recoil lug out of the bedded stock. everything else turned out great but i cant get the recoil lug out. I tapped the front of the lug, and the bottom and side of the lug with two layers of tape. I also put one layer of tape on the sides of the lug. Ever other part of the action released just fine but the lug. any ideas to get the thing out? I made sure to cut any excess devcon away from the outside of the lug so it could come out but no dice. And before i hear it I coated the recoil lug throughly with release agent. any help would be great! or should I just leave it there?

The only 595 I ever bedded was my brothers 6 years ago and it was our decision then to leave the lug permanantly in the stock. What would be the point it removing it. You have such a small area to grab on to I wouldn't mess with it or you may ruin your bedding or the lug.

The only 595 I ever bedded was my brothers 6 years ago and it was our decision then to leave the lug permanantly in the stock. What would be the point it removing it. You have such a small area to grab on to I wouldn't mess with it or you may ruin your bedding or the lug.

This is the way I do them also.

It seems to work better (More accurate) if you dont take it out.

I tried them loose and it takes a few shots to settle down.

In fact I dont use release agent under the lug at all (I want it permanent).

Just the way I do them.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.