Stoney Point Target Turret Knob

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by huntingditchdogs, Mar 7, 2012.

1. huntingditchdogs

huntingditchdogs Member

Thinking of installing a Stoney Point Target Turret on my Leupold scope. Has anybody tried them?

2. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

Yes, I have used them and they work. I recommend that you use a tiny bit of Blue Loctite to keep the connection to the turret base from turning. My only advise is to test the turret adjustments on the scope you intend to put it on. A couple of the Leupolds which had standard turrets did not work well when used when adjusting turrets. I guess they weren't designed to continually adjust turrets. Not repaetable at all. They worked fine when used in the normal fashion. Turret scopes seem to be designed for that purpose.

3. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

I have also used them on some scopes, with good results. I wouldn't use them on a Leupold though. For that quality of an optic i'd send it in for a factory TT installation (just my opinion though). I have 2 of them on a 6.5-20x Simmons, and a Tasco Pronghorn, both fit very well.

I bought 5 or 6 sets years ago, and just keep them around for buddies guns and miscellaneous stuff.

Good idea on the loctite. I'll give that a try.