Stocky stocks...

Simple question... I'm restocking my Remington 700 BDL LS - 24" sporter barrel. Has anyone had experience with Stocky stocks? How do you like them, and why or why not.
I have one of their Long Range v2 Carbon Fiber stocks and its fantastic. I have a Hunt's Long Range built 6.5 SAUM (origin action, 26' proof sendero light CF barrel, triggertech, wyatts bottom metal with 300 WSM accurate mag). Very lightweight. Had gotten it on clearance a year or so ago for around 430 bucks.

Do you mean them as a vendor/website or their personal make of stocks?

I've used stockys to order bell and Carlson's and bottom metal with no issues at all. Their staff is extremely helpful as well. Answered calls and assisted with the purchase. Purchasing can all be done online too.

I recently needed a stock and was referred to Stocky's by my smith. I had a question about the stock I was buying and called the company. The woman I spoke with was very helpful and answered the questions I had so I put the order in with her. Within an hour I got a shipping confirmation email. I am very happy with the purchase and will do business with them again.

I purchased a stock, barrel and bottom metal earlier this year from stocky stocks. I changed my mind on the cartridge and they were very helpful with the return/ exchange since I had not used the items at all. I was very happy with their service.

I'll post pictures (or at least try) when I get it installed.
I have purchased 2 stocks from them - perfect in terms of customer service and speed of delivery.
One of the stocks split at the wrist and it was replaced without question - great CS.
BTW it was a laminate and gunsmith who looked at it before I sent it back thought it was simply a defect in the lamination that gave way at the thinnest point.
The gun was a 260 Rem with fewer than 20 rounds down the pipe and the break occurred when the gun was dropped down on to soft ground when a leather sling fatigued and broke (probably my fault for not catching the wear earlier) and fell butt first from about waist high.
Again, nary a question from Stocky's.
I had a new stock within 2 weeks and all is well.

I've bought several stocks and cf proof research barrels from them, and they've all been great.

I ordered a carbon fiber tactical stock from them. My bottom metal had a 1/8" gap or better all the way around floor plate. So I ordered one of their bottom metal assembly's. Still had the same gap all the way around. Looked cheap and not custom. Nit picky yes, but for a pricey custom build, it needs to meet my expectations. The stock felt great, but I sent back and went with a McMillan CF...

I have their cf m50 and i like it. Got with the m5 bottom metal inlet using on a bighorn origin build. Bought on sale for 430 i believe.

Attachments

• CE8C4F12-5239-4A67-82AB-F53C7FC768D4.jpeg
    CE8C4F12-5239-4A67-82AB-F53C7FC768D4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 154
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.