Stockeys long range/varmint

elkaholic

I have had several people ask what I thought of the new Stockeys aluminum chasis stock. I mounted up a scope on my 280 Sherman and went out today to see how it grouped. In the past, the rifle was so so, but I suspected it should do better. It did! I guess the answer to how well the stock performs is in the pics. For $200 I think it is pretty hard to beat. It is comfortable to shoot in the prone position as well. This rifle is for sale, by the way....Rich
280 sherman rifle.jpg

280 Sherman:180 vld.jpg

Last edited:
I have been eyeballing those as well... But haven't bought because I was curious how the palmswell feels? The stock looks REALLY similar to a Manners. Is the palmswell also similar to a Manners? Old Sendero (no palmswell)? New Sendero (large palmswell)? Browning? B&C Medalist?

Looks good on the old .280 Sherman. ****-fine shooting, too. Is that bedded, or just torqued?

It does have a moderate palm swell, but not sure just which one it is similar too?
I just torqued it down and shot it. I knew when I put the action in, it felt really solid! There was no movement on the tang when I torqued it down. It fit really nice.....Rich

That's good to know that it's not a huge palmswell like the new HS stocks.

Might have to order me a couple of them, and sell off my 3 HS Precision 5R Milspec factory stocks. Can't stand that huge palmswell, and not really a big fan of the green color.

Interested in selling just the barrel and dies? Is that a 26" Sendero contour? I have been thinking about pinning the lug on my .25-06 AI, and making it a switch-barrel. This would give me the excuse. :D

I also bought one of those stocks for my 338 RUM. The fit was very nice and its comfortable to shoot. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can really get out and shoot the thing.

My son also bought one for his 300 RUM.

I IS an interesting stock.

What is with the angular shape to the top of the stock? Does it interfere with the cheek weld?

How much does it weigh?

At least they made the bottom of the forearm straight. Stocky's Bobby Hart Long Range /Tactical with a rounded bottom to the fore end that I ended up removing.

morning, I have 6 stocky's stocks. never mounted one that would not shoot. I also like

the H&S varmit/tactical stock. the palm swell. I get use to the feel. just me. I like the

aluminum full bedding of both stocks.lightbulb

I IS an interesting stock.

What is with the angular shape to the top of the stock? Does it interfere with the cheek weld?

How much does it weigh?

At least they made the bottom of the forearm straight. Stocky's Bobby Hart Long Range /Tactical with a rounded bottom to the fore end that I ended up removing.

Not sure why they angled the edges? It does not seem to affect shooting though. I didn't weigh it but it seems typical of a composite, It is probably similar to an H-S

Looks like the stock preforms.

Would you consider it a good carry stock in the palm of your hand?

Does the stock balance out well front to back?

Looks like the stock preforms.

Would you consider it a good carry stock in the palm of your hand?

Does the stock balance out well front to back?

I think it would carry well, for this type of stock, and the balance seems pretty good. I was really impressed with how the action dropped in very nicely with everything lining up (even the barrel channel). Also, shooting this well without ANY bedding was impressive.....Rich

Yes it is Rich!
Do you recall the contour of your barrel and what barrel channel you ordered?

Randy

My barrel is a #5 and it think it fits up to sendero. When I say it fits nicely in the channel, I meant even gap on each side, but it does have a little room left for a larger contour. Not the lightest stock out there!......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts