Stock question

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by feelinducky, Mar 1, 2012.

1. feelinducky

feelinducky Well-Known Member

I'm in a bit of a quandry and I hope I can get the opinions of you guys. I am currently working on a 270wsm in a Rem 700 XCR. I don't know which stock to go with. I currently have a 300 RUM Remington XCR that I put a Stockys laminate (granite grey) with a Zeiss 4.5 X14 on and it shoots and looks fantastic. Originally I was thinking on having them set up exactly the same but after looking at stocks again, I'm thinking of a B&C Medalist with the aluminum bedding block or the Alaskan II. I'll get the same scope. Each still have factory barrels for now. I will be using the 270wsm for antelope and california deer, but I'll be walking with it. Should I outfit them the same or change it up with a different stock? All opinions are welcome.
    Thanks

2. Elkmen

Elkmen Well-Known Member

My idea is that if you like it and it works don't touch it, mess with it, fiddle or in any other way alter a working combination. I have two Chet Browns on identical rifles. I did buy an H_S this year for another one. All of mine are composite and black. Nuff from me!

3. feelinducky

feelinducky Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good advice. I like the feel of the laminate but I would also like to lighten up the set up.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012