Mcmillan Stock question..........?

CrowsFoot

Nearly have everything gathered up for my 22. creedmoor build which will be my new go to calling rifle and have run into a bit of a road block on the stock. I have spent alot of time behind the game scout and the htg but am curious about the game warden and the wider forend it provides. Having never seen the game warden myself could anyone compare it to forend on the htg for me? Im not crazy about a super wide forend because I shoot off of sticks alot but the htg seems about right to me running a varmint contour. I really like the htg up front but prefer the A series grip.

I really like the htg up front but prefer the A series grip.

Then the Game Warden is your stock.

McMillan made the Game Warden by cutting two molds in half. They used the back half of the Game Scout and the front half of the HTG.

The forend of the Game Warden and the HTG are identical.

I know the game scout was limited by contour size. I think they told me a Douglas #5 or Krieger #6 was as big as they could get without a knife edge on the top fore end. Varmint contours are larger.

I have a game warden on a weatherby vanguard in 7mm mag because it was the only stock I could get for a heavy sendero/ varmint barrel. I prefer thick forearms but that was not an option. After a bedding job, I had a 1/4 inch back and forth play without it, it shoots .1 at 100. I did get the adjustable cheek piece. I would recommend the stock and bedding, I took McMillan to heart on it's not needed I will never do that again.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.