stock question for a lefty

britz

Will a remington bdl stock be ridgid enough to handle a #7 contour barrel for bipod use or do I have to get a better stock? It is a left hand long action so the choices seem to be slim. Would a bell and carlson classic be ridgid enough or what would your suggestions be. I plan on shooting off bipod and sand bags varmint hunting and target shooting. Thanks much, Mark.

Well if the channel is relieved enough you can make it work , I would bed two small titanium rods in the forend and fill the forend with Devcon then float the barrel , it won't make it as stiff as a goor glass stock but it will help out alot.

Stocks

Britz

James is right but have you considered a laminate stock for shooting
of a bypod they are very strong and ridged.

If you can find a remingtion sendero take off then they make a composit
or a laminate with a 5.5 barrel channel that can be opened up to a #7
easy and they have the varmint forend.

Or you can buy a varminter laminate from Boyds for around a $100.00
with a heavy barrel channel and inleted for your action.

I have used these with good success, all they require is sanding and
finishing .

Just another option
J E CUSTOM

If you opposed to getting a quality new stock then I'd drop Jole Russo a line and see if inletting you a stock for a left hand would be a problem , his A5-L works very well shooting from a bi-pod.

Also if you want a composit give Kevin Rayhill a call ,he owns/opperates Stockade gunstocks , though mainly built for Savages I'm sure he can make you a stock for the Rem inlet.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.