Stock Question

Draketm

Hello I'm new here and have a question. I grew up shooting right handed rifles left handed but i am ambidextrous but still prefer shooting left handed because that is what i grew up doing. Now my question is it possible to machine a left handed thumbhole stock to fit a right handed action. Any advice is appreciated, regards Drake.

I get what you're saying, would it be possible to pay someone to completely build a stock like that or would that just be astronomical in its price?

Drake, simple solution is Boyd's stocks. I have bedded several left hand thumbhole for right hand actions from Boyd's for a couple friends. Their stocks are wood laminate in a variety of colors for many makes of rifles and very strong. The best thing about them is the price and their customer service. I really like their new Tacticool stock, but they don't offer it for a Mark V Weatherby. Note, from the Boyd's I've seen most really need to be bedded.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.