Stock and Barrel combo

308cal

Does anyone know if a McMillan Hunter will work with a Proof CF barrel in a Sendero Light Contour?

If that is the style that you would like to use then go with the Remington Hunter from McMillian, basically the same style stock just a slightly wider fore end. The McMillian Hunter has a pretty narrow fore end if it does work with a Sendero Lite contour then there would be very little left on the channel walls.

If that is the style that you would like to use then go with the Remington Hunter from McMillian, basically the same style stock just a slightly wider fore end. The McMillian Hunter has a pretty narrow fore end if it does work with a Sendero Lite contour then there would be very little left on the channel walls.

I'd check one out first hand, I was just handling one of those two days ago and it felt really bulky, nothing like a Christensen or Gunwerks rifle. Rumor has it that Gunwerks will be offering their stocks as components for 2019. If that's the case, that's the direction I would go for sure.

I'd check one out first hand, I was just handling one of those two days ago and it felt really bulky, nothing like a Christensen or Gunwerks rifle. Rumor has it that Gunwerks will be offering their stocks as components for 2019. If that's the case, that's the direction I would go for sure.

I can tell you the fill makes a
big difference in feel, if you are going for lightweight a standard fill molded in color stock is going to feel nothing like the light weight edge tech.

I have one on a rifle that I was thinking of rebarreling. It is anything but bulky.

Have you put a #8 in a McMillan Hunter? They state that it works up to a Douglas #4.

That is what the website said unless I was reading the wrong page. I have a #6 Kreiger in a A-3 sporter and its maxed out. They told me #5 Douglas was the largest they could make that and the plain old hunter appears to have a wider for end.

I just built a 6.5 prc on a lone peak arms razor ti action, which has a rem 700 footprint, with a proof research carbon sendero lite barrel and a McMillan Game hunter stock in the Remington version. I had to do a little sanding of the barrel channel on the stock where the shank starts to taper down, a little sanding at the end of the barrel channel and also a little dremel work to get the wyatts internal extended mag box to fit it and for the barrel to be free floated enough for a business card to slide through.

That is what the website said unless I was reading the wrong page. I have a #6 Kreiger in a A-3 sporter and its maxed out. They told me #5 Douglas was the largest they could make that and the plain old hunter appears to have a wider for end.
The forearm width on the A-3 Sporter is 2.265", the forearm width on the McMillan Hunter is 1.55".

I just built a 6.5 prc on a lone peak arms razor ti action, which has a rem 700 footprint, with a proof research carbon sendero lite barrel and a McMillan Game hunter stock in the Remington version. I had to do a little sanding of the barrel channel on the stock where the shank starts to taper down, a little sanding at the end of the barrel channel and also a little dremel work to get the wyatts internal extended mag box to fit it and for the barrel to be free floated enough for a business card to slide through.

The Game Hunter is a different animal from the McMillan Hunter.

Here is the stock that I am discussing.

https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-remington-mcmillan-hunter/

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.