STILL : No Sierra GK bullets!!

All the reloading market is seeing is the 'over runs' of the bullets that are going into loaded, factory ammo. Notice there seems to be NO premium bullets available for reloaders from Sierra/Speer/Hornady.

I just bought a couple of weeks ago 3 hundred 55 grain Sierra gameking 1365 bullets from PV and found a hundred at a local Walmart 2 months ago. But yes hard to find 30 cal for sure.

That's true, but I'm looking for $0.40-0.50 bullets so I can practice weekly with my hunting bullet.

Sierra fits the bill! I'll be waiting for those GKs to arrive!

I have traded, sold and gave away 15 boxes of SGK 6.5 140gr #1730 earlier this year to help out members getting ready for this year's Deer/Elk season. I thought that I could get replacement for next year because I wasn't hunting this year. Unfortunately you can't find #1730 anymore and now we only have 2 1/2 boxes left. I do have a couple boxes of TGK 140gr and several 500 count boxes of 130gr TGK. I haven't used the TGK yet, but I am sure they will work on white tails.
I along with the rest of you wish Sierra would produce more 140 SGK #1730. Have not had problems getting SMK 142gr for Match.

I've been seeing more availability with tipped gamekings. I don't think they're trying to neglect hunters but they are trying to make what they think we want. They're just wrong in my case 😂. I called a week or so ago about 125 TMK's and they aren't even scheduled to make more for now. I think they're just swamped like everyone else
I hope that's the case but at this point idk if that's the truth. I've been looking for a lot of different Sierra's but all I find is their Match bullets.

"Don't forget, not only are Sierra bullets going to other ammo manufacturers, Sierra now has their own line of ammo for their bullets to go to. I'm like everyone else. I find bullets from most other manufacturers occasionally, but nothing in the hunting line from Sierra. Personally, I think they're screwin' the pooch (us) and I for one, won't forget that when things come back around. I hope everyone else does the same. They control what they sell to us for now, but in the future, it will be us. Hello Hornady...hello Nosler...hello Berger...hello Speer. Who? Sierra? Do I know you? Pfffffft! Goodbye!"

more for the rest of us...LOL

That's true, but I'm looking for $0.40-0.50 bullets so I can practice weekly with my hunting bullet.

Sierra fits the bill! I'll be waiting for those GKs to arrive!
I'd bet you that when they do become available again, they won't be .40 cent bullets anymore. It's a game...and I won't play it with them. Why do I think that? Look at the prices of their loaded ammo. That will give you a clue for what is to come. If that does happen like I think it will, I'll be going to another bullet maker for sure. I've literally shot 10's of thousands of their bullets over the last 50 years. I shoot 50-100 rounds every week currently, and that number has dipped from when I was a younger man. When they put the people that have helped build their business out to pasture, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Consumers have to realize that they are the ones that make or break a business and control the supply and demand, and to a point, the price, not the manufacturer. So if you like the feeling of being bent over, then go for it. Personally, I don't.

I've heard the excuses over and over again why the bullet shortage and I just don't believe it. The industry talks about how many more millions of new shooters there are out there, I hope this is true, but most of those new gun owners buy a few boxes of shells and their newfound gun sits wherever they park it. I know there will be a few percentages of them that fall in love with shooting and like to shoot as much as we do, but upon the new millions that do not become regular shooters, they cannot account for the bullet, powder, and primer bs we've seen for over a year now unless the manufacturers' machines only make a thousand bullets a day.

Recent Posts