wildcat bullets still available?

älg

Does anyone know if Richard is making them on a usual basis or has any in stock??

Thanks

I spoke with Richard around the begining of the year. I have sent messages asking him about when he would have his 270 bullets in (waiting on jackets is what he was saying). I have sent 2 emails in the last 2 weeks and I have not gotten a response back.

looks like I might have to go with another mfg for rebated boat tails.

You might check with Kirby (Fiftydriver), I think he tries to keep some wildcat bullets in stock at his place.

It is easy for a one man operation to get overloaded to the point that things grind to a halt. He is at the mercy of jacket producers (among other things) and I am sure he has orders backed up a long, long, long way...... I just can't figure why he would not answer your emails so that you could send him money for bullets.

James

Call him. Evenings are the best chance to catch him. He has had some severe computer problems over the last few months. I think he has gotten that sorted out but he will be WAY behind on e-mails.

Again, if you want to talk to him, call him at 780-352-8592

You may not catch him the first time you try but keep calling, you will catch him. Remember, he has about 20 irons in fire all the time!!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I know he was hotter than a wet hen about the jackets. Seems like a really cool guy. I didn't even think that he might have computer problems. That's a very good point. I'll have to give him a call.

Thank goodness there is a place in Georgia to currently get 265 and 280 grain .338 Aluminum tipped bullets since the northern supplier is having a lot of difficulty. Hopefully some other calibers will be available shortly from Georgia when the dies arrive.

Think for a minute...... Can you imagine how Richard must feel (cringe) every time the phone rings since his computer/computer system is on the fritz and all these folks are after (pestering) him for bullets. Especially since he is trying to farm several sections of land, run a gravel company, make bullets, advise/consult another gravel company, run a welding business and still have time for himself and his family. It is really a miracle that he gets any bullets shipped at all.

James

Georgia AL tipped bullets

Do you have any more info on the Georgia supplier? Are they making their own bullets? Sounds like it since you said they are waiting on bullet dies.

Well, Light Varmint if he is as dishonest as you I wouldn't want to send him any money.

Funny thing about me is I don't forget people who advocate cheating other people.

Well, Light Varmint if he is as dishonest as you I wouldn't want to send him any money.

Funny thing about me is I don't forget people who advocate cheating other people.

Well buffalobob,

You don't have any true evidence or true proof that I have ever been dishonest to anyone or even advocated either of the afore mentioned. You may conjur up an hallucination or a lie that you convince yourself is true. Heck, you don't even know me and I don't know you and I am fine with that. I have never advocated cheating anyone. I always err on the side of the other person.

However, I suggest that you rein yourself in as you have stepped over the slander line.

As far as the Aluminum tipped bullets, I am only the tester. But you guys can get hold of the bullet maker at [email protected] if you desire some. I am sure he will send you some free samples to shoot and to tinker with. If he cannot ship them out immediately for any reason, I am sure he will jump through hoops to accomodate you. Can't get any better than that can you BuffaloBob? It is really hard to cheat someone by sending them free bullets.

James

Type all you want but I got you.
That is the thing about people like me, we don't forget. So you just keep typing and I will just keep reminding you that you advocated cheating Kirby.

Do you have any more info on the Georgia supplier? Are they making their own bullets? Sounds like it since you said they are waiting on bullet dies.

Hello,

Greyghostt [email protected] is currently only manufacturing the aluminum style projectiles in .338 (265 and 280 grains). He is awaiting dies for the other calibers. He makes .338 models right now! We have tested for BC at 92 foot above sea level and now we are testing them in several custom guns with different barrel manufacturers known to provide extremely good accuracy to ascertain how fast we can push them and remain accurate with all the 338 barrels/chambers we have available for testing. Additionally, they have been tested in factory 338 RUM rifles and performed superbly.

From all that I have seen to date, they will out-shoot the shooter.

As I have already stated, if you contact him, I am confident he will send you some free bullet samples to tinker with.

James

Type all you want but I got you.
That is the thing about people like me, we don't forget. So you just keep typing and I will just keep reminding you that you advocated cheating Kirby.

Hey dude, I never advocated cheating Kirby. You can call any reamer manufacturer and tell him the specs you desire and he will make it unless it is a proprietory or a patented drawing and at the time of this discussion, they were not. You can get the specs from either a fired casing or a pencil and paper. If you do your homework, you will find that there are a lot of gunsmiths/wildcatters out there that have designed similar chamberings and they are not cheating Kirby. If you really dig deep, there are folks that proclaim that they were the first to do a certain modification on a mass produced case. Other folks follow them and then improve on the design or rename it (as long as it is not proprietory). It would be very hard to claim a first if someone did not get access to the cases for modification until they come out of the factory for retail sale. By that time, it has been tweeked a lot.

However, if you had a reamer made up and called it the "allen magnum" and did not get permission from Kirby, then you would have cheated him. If you get a boo-boo or a yogi made up and did not get permission from David Tooley, then you would have cheated him. If you duplicate and edge and call it an edge you will have cheated Shawn. If you build a thunder equivalent and call it a thunder, then you would have cheated GoodGrouper. But if you name it BuffaloBob's _______ desire, then you should be safe.

The guys who run the reamer shops are very good at what they do. I would expect that you could call them and within say 30 minutes you would have a drawing of your desire on the fax machine to proof and sign prior to placing the order.

For instance, there are folks on this website that were making 338/300 RUM rifles prior to Remington even selling a 300 RUM rifle. They got the specs and had a reamer manufactured. Now, no one is going to accuse Shawn Carlock of cheating anyone by using their idea and rightly so.......... He just designed his own verision and named it the Edge. I had 338 Lapua style custom made brass made without headstamp in 1994 from the source of the special ops project prior to Lapua even making the brass. The special ops project got cancelled due to the barrels for the project not meeting the design specifications of the contract. I designed and was shooting my own wildcats based on it and I am fairly sure this was before most gunsmiths even had their reamers produced. I do not advocate that I got cheated. I even sold some to the US State Department for their sniper interdiction teams to test and then to the Air Force Special Ops command as well. After we all tested it and liked it, then Lapua mass produced it. Maybe one of those guys sold the idea to Lapua.... Who knows or who cares as it is merely a modified 416 Rigby case that has been tweeked for years...... But the cases say 416 Rigby and mine are blank to prevent from leaving a footprint in the battle field. Send me a pre paid postage envelope or shipping box and I will send you a sample.

Even if a gunsmith such as Kirby mass produces rifles based on a case design that I was the first to modify, I don't care and if I did, it would be patented. But, I do not accuse Kirby of cheating me. David Tooley and Ken Rhyne got some of this brass as well and I know they had it modified and were shooting it at 1K prior to the reamer shops having standard drawings of the case to use to take measurements for reamer manufacture. FWIW, when we had our reamers manufactured, we had to send some new brass to Dave Manson for him to use to take measurements since he had never heard of it..... I do not hold ill will toward anyone who wants to have a chambering similar or exactly the same as mine. If I cared about it, then I would patent it or list it as a proprietory drawing with the reamer company.

If someone really wants to, he can patent his design and then no one would be able to use it unless they got permission. I chose not to, but you already knew/know that. As far as I know, Kirby has not patented his and I am sure you now that as well.

So about this subject, it would be hard to as you say "cheat" Kirby.

Have a good day.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts