Discussion in 'Product Reviews - Discussion' started by ADMIN, Aug 19, 2013.

Steiner 10X50 LRF Binocular and 20X80 Binocular Review

1. ADMIN

ADMIN Administrator

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
  2. stomp442

stomp442 Well-Known Member

The 20x80 stieners are an amazing piece of equipment. I think they are very light considering what they are and the optical clarity is unmatched. I have never owned a binocular so easy on the eyes you can literally sit and glass for hours without the eye fatigue associated with other binoculars and spotting scopes. With these stieners you can let your eyes do the walking. Last year we were able to put horns on a tiny little coues deer spike at over 1200 yards. Amazing glass!

3. mnoland30

mnoland30 Well-Known Member

I've used Steiner binos for 20 years. I believe that the focus system where you focus both lenses to your eyes is extremely good for your eyes. It makes them work. At the end of hunting season, my eyesight is noticeably better. The hot trend in binos is roof prisim design. They have have more moving parts, cost more, and give away one of the important features of porro prisms. The porros increase your stereo vision, and make items standing on a slope stand out from the slope, making it easier to spot game. The new predator binoculars also enhance the brown colors, making it easier to spot early season deer, as well as elk and Barbary sheep. The only complaint I have with Steiners is that the eyecups sometimes fall off. I've had two pairs now where one of the rubber cups came off on a hunt. I also don't like the cups that are scalloped to block the light. I prefer the even ones. But I can't imagine hunting with anything else.

4. jonthomps

jonthomps Well-Known Member

Excellent review. The 10x LRF's are looking reeeeeal good to me :)