Starting to get my guns back!

Calvin45

Rebuilding my collection instead of just selling more of it!!! For background, in the last 4 years we've have 4 kids (cuz twins changed everything haha) AND I've lost two jobs largely on account of COVID and accompanying disruption. So I've sold off a lot of my stuff to pay bills and provide for family, no regrets whatsoever BUT I'm happy to say I've started to be able to make two purchases this last month or two.

A ruger 10/22 and a short barrel shotgun. I've sold 7 guns in the last few years, these were honestly the only two types I really missed/wish I hadn't. For me anyway, a house is not a home if there isn't a ruger 10/22 in it!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Ruger bought on auction, it's a fancier one with the Wood stock and stainless action and barrel, love it.

The shotgun I got through Tenda Canada, no problems, shipping just takes a long time with them. Nothing more entertaining than blowing stuff up with a short barrelled shotgun, and it's about the "baddest" thing I'm allowed to own as a Canadian without a restricted licence - a bolt rifle with a 15 inch barrel is prohibited and could land you in jail but with a standard possession/acquisition licence a 15 inch pump action 12 gauge with no buttstock is absolutely fine. And doesn't have all the rules about where you can fire it and what you can use it for that handguns carry here, even for those licenced to own them. Politics, I tell ya! 🤣. At least they've managed to curb the frequency of Robberies committed with sawed of bolt action rifles 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fits in a backpack nicely, might be handy for camping in bear country.

Oops, here's the pics

Attachments

• F1378526-A161-4549-8513-64126F87E31F.jpeg
    F1378526-A161-4549-8513-64126F87E31F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
  • DF247EAA-F529-49AD-8318-77FCDBBB7F97.jpeg
    DF247EAA-F529-49AD-8318-77FCDBBB7F97.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
The really funny thing about that short shotgun is that not only does it come
With a full buttstock you can replace that grip with…it comes with 3 removable chokes!!!!! You know, maybe I'll get a magazine plug and go waterfowl hunting with that mean little unit! 🤣🤣🤣. Ever heard of a 15
Inch barrelled 12 guage with removable chokes?

A thought occurs to me…in Canada things are not good for law abiding gun owners…the way they've set it up now they can just add any gun they feel like to a list of prohibited weapons and overnight you're in possession of something illegal. But they sort of respect legitimate sporting/hunting guns (so long as they're not semi auto, bonus points for being made of wood not synthetic)…maybe the whole multiple chokes thing is to make it harder to argue that it's not a legit sporting/hunting gun.