My boy is back

G

After 2 tours in Iraq..My oldest son is back in the states. He should be home in June for a 3 week visit and then back then his plans are to re-up. I have got more gray hairs in the last 2 years than ever.

Joe

I'm happy for you. It's certanly a great feeling to have them back.

My son did one tour and expects to go back in a few more months for his second trip. He'll be near his re-enlistment date 6 months into the tour and figures to be extended... he states he'll re-enlist into the Navy s soon as he finished his Army hitch.

Your son and those like him are an inspiration to all of us and prove that the generalization that the kids of today don't care about their country is false. God bless him and men and women who serve with him.

It sure sounds like a time of Thansgiving at your house. Please relay my thank you for his service to all of us![/b]

Thanks a bunch guys. Just passed your word on to him today. He called from Camp Pen. and first thing he asked is "Hey Dad..What do you think of the 25 WSSM. I about died. He's looking forward to a shopping spre here for some long guns. Hey Chris Matthews...Might have another customer for ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, thanks for the kind words for him.

Take care

Joe

Lablover,, buy the young man a beer from me will you and tell him thanks, some of us in Europe appreciate it, we ain't all left wing commies..good on him..
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.