Oh boy, I'm back to school ...

FEENIX

... after 17 years absence; I can't believe it has been that long since I finished my MA degrees in 2000. We'll see how it goes and how effective my time management is. :D

Cheers!

Ed

Thank you all! I was not able to pass on my GI Bill to my sons because I retired about 3 years too early. My GI Bill is about to expire this August and I did not want 42 months of coverage to go to waste.

My goal for pursuing Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an emphasis in Organizational Development is primarily for personal achievement followed by career development and advancement. In addition, I am hoping that it will inspire my sons to do the same.Once I receive my degree in Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with emphasis in Organizational Development, I will continue working for the government, as a management analyst for the Department of the Air Force but will venture to areas of human resources organizational development/management and apply the new knowledge, skills, and abilities learned unless an opportunity to be a freelance organizational development consultant in the civilian sector opens up.

It will not be easy by any means but I have my eye on the prize and will try to enjoy my doctoral journey in the process.

Cheers!

FEENIX;1318026........I am hoping that it will inspire my sons to do the same. [/QUOTE said:
My daughter is the first in out family to achieve a PhD (Pharmacy), I can guarantee others are watching.

My daughter is the first in out family to achieve a PhD (Pharmacy), I can guarantee others are watching.

That's awesome, congrats all around!

I am the first in my family to have master's degree (dual major in Human Resources Development and Management). My oldest son (USAF) is half-way through on his master's and my youngest son (USMC) is a year out in finishing his bachelor's degree.

Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.