StalBall powder experiance

17remhunter

Looking at getting a 6 CM and have been seeing StalBALL powder in our local store has anyone had any experiance useing it in 6mm's any bullets wt just wanted your feed back

Looking at getting a 6 CM and have been seeing StalBALL powder in our local store has anyone had any experiance useing it in 6mm's any bullets wt just wanted your feed back
I haven't used it in 6mm, but in 270 win it is a screamer. 3150 avg 22 in barrel and 127 controlled chaos and 1 moa or less. The hodgen website has staball data with the creedmoor.

I've been meaning to buy a pound to try. I've seen everything from rave reviews to people saying its the worst. Give it a go if the price is right!

I used StaBall to break in 6 CM barrel and form brass. 105 grain bullet @ 3000 fps, rifle shot great and SD's were good considering it was a quick load work up for new brass and barrel. I've tried it in a few other cartridges with good results also. Sd's did tighten up a little when I tried a Rem 9 1/2M primer so that was interesting.

im shooting H4895 in my .17 Remington 25gr @ 4065 StaBall will get me up to 4130 with the same pressure worth a try. Every powder I tired in my 17 shot great...... CFE223, A2700, and H4895

I use it for my 25 Creed XP100 and 100 grain bullets. I don't shoot competition but do ring steel out to the 500 yard max for our club range. I've shot groups in the .3's at 100 yards with rounds that were thrown with an RCBS Uniflow measure.