N570 Powder

EASTORPRC300

So I found a local provider that is supposed to be getting Vihtavouri powder in stock. And at a decent price I think. About $50/pound. From what I am seeing, the N570 is being in a lot of the Magnums. (7mm Rem, 300 WM , 300 PRC) If that is a wrong assumption someone please correct me. I have two questions here. How is the temperature stability? And how is it comparing to H100 and Retumbo? I already have these 2 powders but want to explore all options for the PRC build. Thanks for the help everyone.

It's one of my favorites but yes it's a slow burning powder slower than h1000 and retumbo. I've had no issues with temp stability. I run it in a lot of rifles. I ended up with n565 in my 300 prc but 570 will work.

I've been on the hunt for some 570, but no luck yet. I have a very small supply of it, but would like some more! I'll be trying LRT in 264wm, 300wm and 338lm. According to ql you need the heavies. 33 would be a 2nd or 3rd choice and yet still can't find any. Good thing I have some magnum, magpro, 7828ssc, retumbo, 25 and 1000. What cartridge are you loading for?

I've been on the hunt for some 570, but no luck yet. I have a very small supply of it, but would like some more! I'll be trying LRT in 264wm, 300wm and 338lm. According to ql you need the heavies. 33 would be a 2nd or 3rd choice and yet still can't find any. Good thing I have some magnum, magpro, 7828ssc, retumbo, 25 and 1000. What cartridge are you loading for?
I am loading for the 300 PRC when it gets finished in about 3 months. I also have a model 700 Remington 264 WM that I need to build a load for. I have a 300 Win Mag as well but I have always used RL22 in it. That load was developed years ago and I have just stuck with it. It shoots under 1/2" at 100 yds with 180gr nosler partitions.

If it's speed you're after then n570 will be king in a lot of cartridges like 300 prc or win mag, however it does come with downsides. It burns extremely hot so it's very hard on throats. H1000 will give you significant barrel life increases over 570. It's also very large kernels so it doesn't play well with things like v3 autotrickler. But it is very temp stable in my experiences.

I am loading for the 300 PRC when it gets finished in about 3 months. I also have a model 700 Remington 264 WM that I need to build a load for. I have a 300 Win Mag as well but I have always used RL22 in it. That load was developed years ago and I have just stuck with it. It shoots under 1/2" at 100 yds with 180gr nosler partitions.
I've used imr4831 since '84 in a pre-'64 with 100 and 140gr Sierra's. Probable won't change!

For the 300 PRC rl26 is your huckleberry.
From what I gather 570 and rl26 are neck in neck for this size case. Some do better with 26 others with 570.
Neither are real sensitive to temp like some claim.
Rl26 was king in my 30 SM (300 PRC improved).
Also thought it get.

So I found a local provider that is supposed to be getting Vihtavouri powder in stock. And at a decent price I think. About $50/pound. From what I am seeing, the N570 is being in a lot of the Magnums. (7mm Rem, 300 WM , 300 PRC) If that is a wrong assumption someone please correct me. I have two questions here. How is the temperature stability? And how is it comparing to H100 and Retumbo? I already have these 2 powders but want to explore all options for the PRC build. Thanks for the help everyone.
I found it interesting that N570 works very well in both my 338 LM and 6.5 PRC. I used RL33 in my LM for 5 years and considered it my go to, but was looking for perhaps better tempurature stability so I looked at N570 on Quickload and found that it was very close to RL33, even a little more velocity, so I tried it. I am very impressed with N570 after running it all last year in my 6.5 with great success. This year I'm going to work more on my 338 LM.