St. Patrick's Day Massacre and Long Distance Kill

Double Naught Spy

On the first hunt of the night, my buddy, Alex, got us in a field with 2 sounders that eventually merged into one. The sounder split when we opened up on them and I got the small side, but some very interesting targets, mostly piglets and some long distances runners. I had troubles with two hogs at very long range (for me) and Alex provided me with a distance correction (estimated 400-500 yards) that I used to drop one of the hogs on the very next shots. We didn't get a chance to do an actual measurement because we moved onto deal with other hogs without marking the spot of the shot. Given the amount of hold, the ballistics would have the shot be at least 375 yards. Zen Archery and I chatted about it and that is one of the longer (longest?) thermal hog kills on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVjNPGWdwFI

Ya I kept waiting for the **** to get real. Lol but just the sound of that has me ready to go hunt some piggies. I'm not able to make my next hunt till mid April. I can't wait. My wife is not so happy as she keeps saying I just went hunting in January. I tell her that was so long ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.