Hogs massacred in virginia

trebark

About fifteen years ago I hunted deer and hogs with Danny Henshaw with Willis River Hunting here in Virginia. It was a great experience. Danny was a knowledgable guide and gracious host.

After reading some of the posts on this 'hog hunting' forum, I began to think of maybe going hog hunting again. So I googled Willis River Hunting and to my disbelief, all I found were articles about Danny's hogs being slaughtered in 2006.

The first link pretty much tells the story like a newspaper, the second link is a column written by a guy with an opinion and the third link includes a first-hand account by Danny's wife Cindi. (Cindi is really cool, they got married in a tree stand and she wore a camo wedding dress).

WHO'S NEXT

Pig massacre at Willis River

USDA Slaughters all animals on Willis River Hunting Preserve - Topix

I cannot find any additional information as to the eventual outcome of this ordeal.

Does anybody know what has happened since 2006?

Wow! I'd certainly like to hear where this story stands. I've no doubt tyranny is alive and well in our great nation.

I'm going to do some digging through an old notebook and see if I can come up with a phone number for Willis River Hunting or one of Danny's buddies.

Just the same, somebody on this forum has got to know something. Come on people...who knows something?

I've hunted hogs in Bristol, Virginia....but never heard about this incident. Being a native Virginian, I'd be interested in hearing a follow-up on this incident.

If they're still in business, I'd be willing to book a hunt with them the next time I'm home.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.