460 lb bow kill

I will say for one, no offense intended, just light-hearted ribbing coming from a Texan... seattleman is a moniker from living up there for 20 years in the service... I am a native Texas through and through.

as for protected in Idaho, on another thread you mentioned packrats are protected in Idaho. I often forget not everyone has an eidetic memory.

Seattleman,
You must have been lurking for quite a while since I posted that back a number of months and was in the process of hassling djones when it was posted. As far as lighthearted ribbing, I would assume that you know that this verbage war between myself and djones is for the most part to be taken very seriously......:D

As far as being a native Texan, you have my sympathies, but that is somewhat of a surprise since you appear to be edumacated past the 4th grade!....:)

Anyway, welcome to the brawl! what branch of service?...Spent 8 years at Ft. Lewis, myself.

djones,
YOU were the one that showed me how to tie them up and those **** pet goats are yours! I only get to Texas a couple times per year, so where would I keep them? Got to admit, those were the first stump broke goats I had ever seen and when you demonstrated the process, sorry, but just not my style!

Got to admit, though, after those girls you introduced me to, the Goats were starting to look good, and I think smelled better!

Got to go, pushing the envelope on time now!

Packrat

69man,
no need to be pol correct. box ol pakkratt's ears if you want.

pak,
i entered an elevator today with a woman in her 50s or 60s. she held the door for me. not cause im old and decrepit. i think she kinda liked me. we had a "moment" where our eyes met. don't confuse me with being gushy or anything, she just caught me staring at her. she turned away a little more so as not to act easy, but i know she was thinking... 'ohhh baaaby, you look like you could really smack down some hogs!!!'

Hey, glad to see that you're getting a little action. Told you that Deodorant would make a difference. Pretty soon we'll work on soap!

Only got one question, did her seeing eye dog growl at you at all?

Packrat

Packrat.gif

she wasn't blind. she just had her eyes closed. i could see the rapid eye movement under her eyelids as she daydreamed of getting porked by djones

Seattle,
Spent most of my hunting time up Highway 12 (White pass area) Actually lived in Morton for a short while and spent a lot of time hunting the Lewis County, Packwood area. That's where I hunted with the Panty hose face mask when it got real cold. Water based Aerosols work real great for camo if you stretch it out and then let it dry on the Panty hose mask.

Thing djones seems to have missed in all this is that I only spend time with FEMALE underwear over my head. Really a shame for him that Goats don't wear underwear.....:D

she wasn't blind. she just had her eyes closed. i could see the rapid eye movement under her eyelids as she daydreamed of getting porked by djones

I personally think that the term "Porked" was fairly appropriate in this case....:D....Have any of your friends (Either of them) mentioned that you are starting to look like a waterbed with eye's?

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Packrat 6 said:
...Have any of your friends (Either of them) mentioned that you are starting to look like a waterbed with eye's?

Packrat

i suggest you run, don't walk, back to your eye surgeon and demand a full refund before the warranty runs out. women swoon over me like im hogodile dundee

I never had a problem finding game, finding the season was difficult though sometimes. Seemed like the minute Hunting season came around, all the game went south to Florida. Did get one every year that I could though! Both Cowlitz and Lewis Counties are over run with Deer, Elk, etc.

In the off season, they were a PIA with totaling the gardens, stepping out in front of cars, etc. If you ever want to see a completely messed Logging truck, go look at one that hit an elk coming down a Logging road when fully loaded. And a car that hits one is a complete total. Course they're making cars out of tinfoil and plastic now a days!

First Elk i ever got, rack was so big, Dept of Forestry tried to cite me for clear cutting without a permit!........:D

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Funny this came up cause just yesterday while driving through grand rapids right in the industrial part I got passed by a truck with a lawn care trailer on the back hauling ***. The guy ridi g with me just made a comment about his speed and bam smashed a nice big doe. I was rmtraveli g around 75and he went rright by. Funny part is he never even tapped his brakes we laughed so hard. Then I tried to catch hi. To see the damaged, after traveling well over the posted speed for many miles we got along side to survey. Wow some broke plastic air dam and dented fender that's it. He looked over and mouthed the words how's it look. I gave him the thumbs up and he hammered down again thought I was the only one withthat kind of luck when hitting game with a vehicle.

Cowlitz and Lewis are also both overrun with hunters Pack, so much that we stopped hunting rifle AND muzzie seasons. We joked for a few years, because we would go one method more primitive each year Rifle>Muzzie>Bow, that the next year we'd start climbing trees with spears and then rocks...

Cowlitz and Lewis are also both overrun with hunters Pack, so much that we stopped hunting rifle AND muzzie seasons. We joked for a few years, because we would go one method more primitive each year Rifle>Muzzie>Bow, that the next year we'd start climbing trees with spears and then rocks...

I wondered if things were going to end up this way. haven't lived there (Lewis and Cowlitz counties) for over 25 years so unfamiliar with it now. My son moved to just South of Olympia when the Winslow's sold the store and he became an executive for Costco. Washington laws have become so liberal, because of Seattle, the City of Fruits and Nuts, with a majority of the population, that he's thinking of transferring to Idaho, Texas or Arizona. Told him to go to Texas.

The only gun club we could find in the Olympia area only had a 100 yard range and was more set up for Shotguns than Rifles, but was all we had. I do remember the sign in the men's room over the urinals. "Shooters with short barrels or insufficient velocity, should stand close to the target". I have a framed copy over the toilet in our guest bathroom for when my Brother comes to visit!.....:D

Just finished a good book about Texas, called "A State of Disobedience" by Tom Kratman. Worth reading! Pretty well describes the Texas attitude towards the Fed's.

Keep your Powder and Martini's dry!

Packrat

From a Southerner's perspective, life in Washington State is very different than life in the South.

My grandfather lived in Kelso, Washington for 50 years. Made his living as a carpenter and fisherman. He always used firewood to heat his house. He quit using his fireplace since his home owner's insurance company quit insuring houses that use fireplaces. The salesman said it wasn't due high claims from house fires, but all of the complaints his company got from environmental groups about the effect of chimney smoke on global warming.

He moved in with my aunt in Bellingham 3 years ago. On a visit to see him, I went to the local Wal-Mart. There is a city/county ordinance against plastic bags, so I had to buy paper bags. The city has also determined that certain laundry detergents are so harmful to the local water supply that all laundry detergents have to be certified as eco-friendly in order to be sold in Bellingham. I could go on but...

The timber industry is responsible for a lot of the development in Washington State. Timber money built towns, paid for school, roads, etc. I was pretty shocked at the anti-logging thinking that permeates that area.

And to top it all off, they don't know how to make sweet tea!

I call South Carolina home for now. The state education system isn't the greatest and the rest of the country thinks we are hicks, but land is cheap, we have one of the longest deer hunting seasons in the country, and we have a VERY supportive attitude towards our 2nd Amendment.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.