Springfield Armory Scope, Whats it Worth ?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by DWM Jr, Aug 10, 2008.

1. DWM Jr

DWM Jr Member

I have a Springfield Armory 6-20x56 Mil Dot Govt. Model scope. It has a variable brightness illuminated reticle and an internal bubble level. The scope is in new condition. What do you think this scope is worth ?

2. Sean K.

Sean K. Active Member

I was told on www.m14tfl.com (m14 the firing line) that before SAI stopped selling them, you could buy one for $500. I asked like 2 days ago for a friend that has one. IMO, it's a very nice scope especially for that price. It's FFP and made by Hakko IIRC.

HTH

3. ScottBerish

ScottBerish Well-Known Member

Your best bet is selling on ebay. Their "cool" factor usually earns a premium there. Most dedicated LR shooters shun this scope.

Scott

4. Sean K.

Sean K. Active Member

Just curious Scott, but why?

I must preface your response by saying that I'm a complete newb to optics and just bought my first 308 to shoot 600M so I'm not really what anyone here would consider a LR shooter.

Any input appreciated....I think it would be a nice scope for me personally....but I admittedly don't know much.

Sean

5. ScottBerish

ScottBerish Well-Known Member

The earlier models of this scope did not hold up well. One of the few "premium" Asian scopes to have weak mechanics/internals. The latest Gen models may have corrected that but the damage was done.

YMMV.

Scott

6. Sean K.

Sean K. Active Member

Thanks for the info. I have no idea how old this one that my friend owns actually is. It (along with a SAI M21 Tactical) was passed on to my friend when his step dad passed away. Seems to be a very accurate rifle and a nice scope.

Thanks again, I was just curious.

Sean

7. dwm

dwm Well-Known Member

It's really too bad this scope didn't hold up, I really like the idea of an internal bubble level ... much easier to use than the external bubble level.

8. sniper1911

sniper1911 Well-Known Member

Just curious , were you looking to sell the scope , or just get an idea of the value ? I'm certainly in the market for one if you are selling . Please shoot me an e-mail - sweenydoug@yahoo.com , if your looking to sell . Thanks !!gun)