spotting scopes

Whatever you get, get a straight eyepiece, not angled.

Far as Leupy, it might be assembled here but the glass isn't made here (as stated on their website) btw.

Whatever you get, get a straight eyepiece, not angled.

Far as Leupy, it might be assembled here but the glass isn't made here (as stated on their website) btw.

Can you please tell me why I should get a straight eyepiece instead of an angled? I am in the market for a spotting scope but am unsure about angled or straight... I have heard a bunch of fellow hunters say they prefer angled as its easier on their neck and they can keep it lower to the ground, making it more stable.

Appreciate the help

In my opinion it is a matter of preference. Try to look through both in a way that you expect to use them (range, field, etc). See what works best for you. I personally prefer angled.

Do not do business with this guy Keith Averill. He has taken me for over $3,000. Makes promises over and over and doesn't keep his word. It's been almost a year and he comes up with every excuse in the world why he can't pay me and then just says I'm done with you. Feel free to call me anytime about more details 800-987-7226.

Ok, I'll admit it...this is a shameless plug for our product....but hear me out on this one.

For target shooting you will be able to see shots of any caliber far far better if you use one of our TargetCam systems. I'm the owner of www.TargetCam.net and I personally guarantee you this. Even the best spotting scopes won't get you enough clarity to see shots at much over 400-500 yards. I've tested our TargetCam system out at over 3 miles and can see 22 caliber holes clear as a bell....yep, .22 holes at over 3 miles away...see every one totally clear!!!

As for your hunting needs I'd go with the Konus 20-60X80 spotter. At only $250 or so it's almost as good as the scopes that cost 3-4 times as much. Plus if it's only a $250 scope that you are taking into the back-country on hunting trips it's a lot less stress than packing a $3k scope.

So, my recommendation, and I know I am extremely bias here, is to get one of our systems for the range and a Konus for hunting. I actually have this combination myself and it works great.

Keith Averill - Owner of www.TargetCam.net
feel free to call me directly with questions about our TargetCam systems
(775)852-9449

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts