spotting scopes swarovoski vrs bushn elite

grizzlydueck

Does any one with actual hands on experience with the bushnell elite 20X60 70mm or the swaro 20x60 65mm as i already have the bushnell 15x45 60mm elite but it's not powerfull enough at the distances I glass for sheep\mules I havn't seen a $1400 differance when compareing the 2 and not much of a diff even during the heat waves.

Ponder the middle price range. A Kowa 820 will gather a lot of light and has very good glass. I am not sure anything actually cuts through mirage very well. A fixed power eyepiece will have better optical properties than a variable so I understand (wisdom passed down from others more knowledgeable than me).

Correct, no spotting scope will cut through or elimainate mirage. The best way to help this is to have a scope that delivers the best clarity and resolution as possible. Also you are correct in that fixed eye pieces will give better resolution as well as clarity.

Bottom line is this: Is there 1400 bucks worth of differance between swaro and bushnell? That depends on what you need or want. When I am looking at a dall ram at 3 air miles, I want as much performance as possible to decide if I am going to walk that 3 air mile over the harshest terrain on earth. For me, it is worth having the best of the best. That is why NONE of my optics wear the name Bushnell and all of my optic except my rifle scopes wear the name Swaorvski. It just depends on how much performance you need.

If you are going to go with a variable eye piece then the Swarovski is the best in this type of eye piece at this time. If you go with a fixed eye piece then thier is a tighter field with which to choose, Kowa,Lieca,Zeiss,Swarovshi,etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts