Bushnell Excursion spotting scopes

muleyman

Anybody have any experience with these. Was looking at the 15x45x60 version for hunting. They have the ED glass and are a compact, (Yet a little heavy) spotting scope. Any assistance or thoughts would be great............

I have a Bushnell Excursion 20-80ED. I am very happy with it. I can resolve bullet holes in white paper @ 600 yards. I do wear glasses and think the eye relief is lacking a bit, but I got it very cheap at a store closing. The image at the far edges is also a bit blurry but doesn't hinder you at all with the 80mm OBJ. I have read others say the same about the blurry extreme edges and eye relief as well. I have no intention of sending it back for repair because I'm afraid it won't come back with the high quality imagery it currently has. In other words I think it's so good I'm afraid to mess with it. I haven't looked through anything else other than a BSA so my in put is very subjective.

I have used a Leupold 15-45x60 for 3 years but have a younger son that uses it all the time so we actually took that leupold to sporting goods store and set it up side by side to the excusion - I bought an excursion. Two weeks ago we had both scopes side by side and watched a sow black bear with 3 little cubs for alnost an hour. We bounced back and forth between the scopes. I'm not saying that the Excursion is equivalent to the Leupold but I will swear at 1/4 the price it is worth every penny. Oh by the way - they come with a tripod - throw it away. I tried it at the rifle range and out bear hunting - it's not worth packing.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts