Spotting scope help?

Thanks for the reply Bud. I cant afford a Zeiss. If you have any experience with the one I mentioned I'd love to hear it. Thanks

Look at cameraland and swfa on their demos list. Some great discounts, but your not going to get something with that kind of clarity in the two hundred dollar range ( sorry to say ). I just picked up a minox 20-45x62 MD ED and I am very impressed with it. I can look accross a field and clearly see individual stalks of grass, actually weeds, at 400yards as well as read the street names and house numbers at over 400yds. Read the reports on there website. Some people commented on the bushnell excursion which is around $300. Good luck.

Hey Huntsleepfish, I was just looking through the adds and cameraland has a vortex 20-60x80 for sale for $199. Call them and ask their oppinions on some different scopes. They are good about discussing your questions and seem to give some honest feedback. Ask them about the vortex, bushnell excursion and the konus.

I have an Excursion (20-60x80)and as long as there isn't a lot of mirage or fog in the air it will do what you want. Eaglet here has the Vortex listed above. He's had it about a year and I just asked him about it again. He says he's real happy with it. I've bought from Doug at camera land before also. He's a good, honest guy. Tell him your budget and what you want out of the optic and he'll get you set up.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.