spotting scope help

dennis

I recieved a green light from my wife on purchasing a spotting scope for christmas! I want to get one that works good in low light, I was thinking swarovski hd 80 mm but would like some help from someone who has used one.

The Swaro 20-60x80mm "HD" is in my opinion the cream of the crop. You will pay through the nose for it though.

I personaly use the 20-60x65mm due to its lighter weight and better compactness. However 90% of what I use it for is backpack hunting and works phenomenally. In 07 I counted 8 out of 9 growth rings on a dall ram at just over 765 yards.

If I didnt have to backpack so much I would use the 80mm version for better light gathering and overall brightness in early morning and late evening.

You will never be dissapointed in ANY swaro product or their customer service.

I spend a lot of hours scouting and the Swaro 80mm turned down to 20X will let you see really late. Mine is worth the $$$ but my hunting is blind and pickup.

The Swaro 20-60x80mm "HD" is in my opinion the cream of the crop. You will pay through the nose for it though.

I personaly use the 20-60x65mm due to its lighter weight and better compactness. However 90% of what I use it for is backpack hunting and works phenomenally. In 07 I counted 8 out of 9 growth rings on a dall ram at just over 765 yards.

If I didnt have to backpack so much I would use the 80mm version for better light gathering and overall brightness in early morning and late evening.

You will never be dissapointed in ANY swaro product or their customer service.

I could not have said it better after buying my 15x56 swar binos and trying them side by side with the leicas there was no comparison. they have the best glass out there ia big swaro spotter is on my list for this up coming year

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.