Spotter VS Big Eye Bino's

NYSHUNTER

If you can only take one which will it be Spotting Scope or BIG EYE Bino ie; 15x56mm slc for western hunts

YoBuck,

How's it going ?

Well gentlemen this was the reason I ask.. Pack got heavy with a

Vortex 10x42
Vortex 20x60 spotter
Swaro 15x56

So the question is which one should I leave

15's best of both worlds. They are always with me on my hunts. Plus Swaro is better than Vortex glass. Only kicker is 15's are not real good without a tripod which increase your pack weight problem.

I carried a silik tripod and all 3 last year and the one thing I kept saying was which can I leave at home next year

Here's my set up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 130
Hard to narrow down without considering what terrain your hunting. For me personally on my Colorado hunts I leave the 10x42's at home. For binos I use Meopta 12x50's and a 11-33x50 razor spotter. The 12s are still okay to pull up to take a look at something but also have good fov and great glass when on my tripod which is where they spend most of their time. The Razor spotter is pretty impressive for it's size. I definitely use it more because it is so small and light. Granted a fullsize spotter would be better for counting points at a mile, but for my purposes the 33 power is still enough for deciding if what I am looking at is worth going after.

I've used a friends swaro 15 binos and they are very nice. I think for long sits having the ability to use two eyes vs one is an advantage. I have spent hours behind my 12s while on a tripod without a problem. On the other hand I have watched another friend glass with his Nightforce spotter for hours hunting mule deer and using one eye for hours didn't bother him. May not be really helpful to answer your question but this is what I ended up with when I was considering a pair of 15x bino's.

That little spotter is amazing I had the chance to use one on a camping trip .. Simply put " They do the job" If I didn't have my full size razor I would of got them

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.