• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SPF**FS: MCR 6mmBR

motobtcr

Up for Sale is a new Build that was recently completed: Build was completed by Kevin Cram of Montour County Rifles...start to finish. Here are the specs:

-Savage PTA RB/LP fully blueprinted and opened to .705(NO BARREL NUT)
-Dave Kiff(PTG) spiral ground .704 diameter replacement bolt body
-SSS tactical bolt handle
-Holland Recoil Lug
-Brux #10 contour finished at 27 1/2" with brand new PTG reamer(.2704 nk
for new Blue Label Lapua brass. Throated for 95-105s) 1-8" twist
-Manners T4 stock with new mould-in Midnight Camo color(2 front swivels and 1 rear)
-Bolt has been bushed with firing pin turned down to .062 diameter
-Bolt Lift Kit installed
-RifleBasix Sav2 trigger, currently set at 1lb
-Action has been stress-free pillar-bedded in stock
-Murphy Precision Stainless Picatinny rail

Build quality is excellent! Rifle is brand new, 15 rounds down the tube for break-in and 5-shot target included. This was virgin Lapua brass used for fire-forming.

I also have photos documenting the build process and receipts for all items purchased.
Pics can be seen at: http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/6mm-br-mcr-74956/

$2,000 Shipped OBO

Last edited:
Re: FS: MCR 6mmBR

**Updated**

If interested, I can include a brand new set of Seekins Precision 30mm rings and brand new Sightron SIII 8-32X56mm scope with Mil-Dot reticle...all for:

$2,600.00 shipped.

Scope will include factory box, sunshade, flip caps and all paperwork.

I was able to fire a few break-in loads today to see what this rifle could do. I cleaned between each shot for the 1st 10 shots using Kroil and Butch's Bore Shine with patches. There were really no signs of copper after 7-8 shots and this Brux barrel cleaned up really nice and easy. Fire-form loads were 29.5g Varget with a 105 VLD .005 jumped checking for any issues. I moved back to 200 hundred yards and tried one of the standard loads....30.0g Varget with a Berger 105VLD .010 jammed and here are 5 shots at 200 yds off sands bags and the hood of a 92 6.5 Chevrolet Diesel. I wasn't quite as comfortable on the 5th, but a really impressive group none the less. Hats off to Kevin Cram for building a helluva stick and Sightron makes some pretty impressive glass. These loads can be tweaked, but I really don't know how much better it should be!

$2,600.00 shipped for everything...will even include a Harrell's Precision custom bushing size die and custom Mike Lucas bore guide.

Attachments

• DSC01265.jpg
    DSC01265.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

I was cleaning the rifle with a custom Lucas boreguide after testing today and figured I would provide an updated photo of the rifle with Murphy Precision base, Seekins Precision 30mm rings and Sightron SIII 8-32X56mm scope.

Will sell rifle without optics/rings for: $1,850.00 shipped

With base/rings/scope: $2,600.00 shipped

Feel free to send me a message with any questions or if additional info is needed.

Thanks

William Taylor

Attachments

• DSC01266.jpg
    DSC01266.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 9
Re: FS: MCR 6mmBR***FINAL PRICE***

**FINAL PRICE UPDATE**

Two Options listed below for this rifle, final pricing...

1. I will sell the entire package(rifle/optics) and include a custom Mike Lucas Bore Guide, Harrell's Precision custom sizing die for this gun and 100 pieces of Lapua brass. Specs provided above for components used. I have photos and receipts for all components: $2,450.00

Or....

2. I will sell the rifle, less optics/rings, but include all other components(die/bore guide/brass) for: $1,700.00

Gun looks and shoots good...Makes me wonder why would you sell such a prize?

Have a Bat MB action arriving soon to start another 6BR or 6.5X47 build. If the rifle doesn't sell for what I have listed, I will keep it and raise some hell come hunting season. We have some coyotes trying to take over our hunting grounds!

If I wouldn't have $$$$$ tied up in a dasher build already this one would be in my safe.

Brent

I hear ya!

I've sold a couple of rifles here lately because I have the 'next bright idea' like many of us on here! If this one sells, I'll probably regret it though....even though it has the low round count, everything has been extremely easy so far for loading. Fresh Lapua brass, Varget and 105 VLD's. Throw in a Wilson Micrometer seater to tune the seating depth and on the money! If I have time, I may get out this weekend and try to see if there is such thing as tweaking the initial group. May have to stretch on out to 400-500 yds and see what consistency I can get.

Re: FS: MCR 6mmBR***Target #2***

Well guys...this post is mainly just a testament to Kevin Cram's work. I was able to fire a few rounds late this afternoon on the 200 yard range again. I used the Harrell's die to bump the shoulder on the brass from the last group about .0015 and I'm using a .266 Redding coated bushing. Out of the chamber and using the Harrell's die, the runout on the neck prior to loading was .0005 or less. Excellent with no-turn Lapua brass! Also tells you something about the chamber and the Harrell boys dies! I used the same load as last time...30.0g of Varget with a 105 VLD jammed .010 and CCI 450 primers. I just don't know what to say! I have always been known to shoot pretty good, but this **** gun is unreal.
See target below. The first round was high and to the left a little...cold bore that still had a thin layer of Kroil. The HOLE below it... is actually 4 shots.(We just won't count that first one...LOL!!) This was using a cheap Caldwell rest that I actually use to sit my guns in to clean. Unreal....I think this may just be the load.
Again...thanks to Kevin Cram at MCR for this build. Like an older fella told me once....everybody needs a 6BR!!

Attachments

• DSC01268.jpg
    DSC01268.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

All I wanna know is WHY THE HECK ARE YOU SELLING THIS?! It's not like you're gonna get much more accurate than that! I say scratch your idea for a new build and save your money for a Hensoldt. :)

Haha....I think you're right!!

I may just keep this just to make some people shake their heads...lol!