Speedbump...where you be?

Still here. Interested in some turkeys with a <font color="red">bow </font> ? May have a closer spot ... not as many as over east (they're still in there by the dozen too) but might be OK. Hope all is well with you'unz. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Put in all my tag requests for Hamilton. My little girl wants to hunt the youth season. I put her in for Hamilton also. I only filled out for the 1st three hunts and I haven't sent her's in yet.

Hope it's still OK to hunt out there. I got an SP-10 tuned and scoped - deadly out to 60 ~ 70.

Yep, we're still good there. Plenty of birds to be had. Hopefully a few less by the end of the week. Brought some in close for a buddy last month (a dozen within 20 yards), but he couldn't connect. Gonna go with a different call routine next time. Tough, but FUN !

I usally call him around noon but the last time I thought I woke him up but he was out turkey hunting very short conversation one word BYE

HA! You two clowns. Ralph, good news from the turkey woods. I took an old buddy out there a few times this fall, and he DRILLED one with a bow two days ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif We were on the west end of the same place we were at on our hunt. I put the birds to roost the night before - probably 40+ of them. They were chattering away all morning &amp; he finally caught a small group separate from the main crew at about 10AM. The hen busted him, but he did a recall series, and two jakes came in on a dead run. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif 18 yards, Spitfire 100gr expandables, carbon arrows. We were PUMPED to say the least! No blind, no stand, just eyeball to beak with the turkeys - with a bow ... good challenge but definitely not LRH.

Today I was driving back from another place &amp; saw 40-50 birds strolling out into a creek bottom over in White County, not 200 yards from the road. May have a line on permission from a neighboring farm for bow season, doubtful for guns though. I drew a 3rd season gun tag for Hamilton County. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You check yours yet?

EDIT: Doh! 1st, 2nd, &amp; 3rd season, huh? You &amp; the kids each draw a different season? Call after noon most days &amp; I'm awake. Fighting off a cold &amp; sore throat from being cold, wet, &amp; AWAKE the past several days in the woods. Dang cold medicine had me so loopy yesterday deer hunting I nearly fell out of my treestand! Good thing I was buckled in tight, and threw in the towel after that.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.