source for muzzle brakes ?

GPWEAPON

Am looking for some brakes for rifle I can put on my self I'd like some info for Que Industries if any one has some. would be brakeing a 300 weatherby

To be honest, I have probably tried just about every muzzle brake you can imagine and have found that two REALLY give you AWESOME performance. JP has a "tank style" brake they use and it is VERY hard to beat. Another source, and IMHO, the best brake I have ever used, is the Vais muzzle brake. I have Vais brakes on ALL my big bores and I have not found one (except for the JP) that even comes close. It's worth the hours drive to me just to take it to the guy in San Antonio to have the work done by him, but you CAN install yourself, as I have done in the past, if you have the patience and access to the proper tools. You can find him online at http://www.muzzlebrakes.com

The JP's require a little more work and fine tuning for a self-install, but they are ALMOST equal in performance.
TH

[ 01-18-2004: Message edited by: Austin ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.