Muzzle brakes

Yep that's the one I bought. Do hunt the squirrels in East Oregon ?

Is a froggs butt watertight? Heck ya I do! They're a riot! Our first shoot will be Easter Sunday after church if the snow is receded enough. My 6 yr old wants to break his record from last year:D

Is a froggs butt watertight? Heck ya I do! They're a riot! Our first shoot will be Easter Sunday after church if the snow is receded enough. My 6 yr old wants to break his record from last year:D

I don't have any documented anatomical evidence a frogs butt is water tight ! So I don't know .

Another nod to Ross' brake. Works good, it's good looking, and you can't beat the price. I own two! :)

Last edited:
Some muzzle brakes are just machined out of a piece of steel or stainless and some muzzle brakes are heat treated to 30 rockwell for durability to hold up to the blast of high velocity cartridges. Hint The :D Muscle brake.
I own one.
Tarey

Some muzzle brakes are just machined out of a piece of steel or stainless and some muzzle brakes are heat treated to 30 rockwell for durability to hold up to the blast of high velocity cartridges. Hint The :D Muscle brake.
I own one.
Tarey

Have you actually seen a non hardened brake wear out before a barrel? I never have and I've built various different brakes for 20 years. Granted I've never owned a Cheytac based rifle but I have a .30-.378 IMP that shoots 150gr bullets over 4000fps with 120+grs of powder and it hasn't worn out the brake on it.

Last edited:
I have been making brakes for over 20 years also without hardening and I have never seen one that had any problems at all. I have sold hundreds of brakes and I have never had to replace one. I guess I have just been lucky or hardening doesn't matter
Ross

That's pretty funny. Worrying about a heat treated muzzle brake, when the barrel itself is not heat treated. :rolleyes:

I dip all my brakes in unicorn blood. It keeps the bullets from stopping inside the brake. Haven't had one stop yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.