Sonic case cleaning machine

DanMan

I just tried out my new Lock and Load sonic case cleaning machine. I used the recommended dilution on the cleaner and overall was pleased with the job that it did on a 30 minute run. About half of the primer pockets still had a fair amount of crud remaining though. Is this normal or should I have given it a little more ??
I did not turn on the heat for this trial run.:rolleyes:

I have been ultrasonice cleaning for approximately 6 years now. I use a large (probably considered commercail gizmo), and still have roughly 5% of the cases that have some level of gunk in the primer pockets. They seem randomly scattered through the population of cases in the cleaner. The longer you run the gizmo the fewer primer pocekts are dirty. (not sure you'll ever get them all). Mine cleans much better when the tank is pre-heated to 35-40 degrees C.

I use a q-tip on them when they are still wet from the rinse and they get clean with little elbow grease. If I miss them I give them a quick twist on teh primer pocket unitformer.

Jeffvn

Last edited:
i have had good luck with my hornady sonic cleaner if i let them soak in the solution overnight.
Thanks for the tip! I assume that you are presoaking and then do the machine run afterward? Also how long do you keep the cleaning solution assuming it still looks reasonably clear? A few days, weeks, month????

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.