Some one asked me too show what this thing was doing

Tiree

Well I took bob's advise and took this 257 ous for a spin and after gettin my loading eqpt did a little testing .after getting it on paper using 117 gr. sierra game kings and 64.5 gr of rl 22 my first group of 4 shots at 100 was not too shabby then dile in right 4 clicks and let the other 2 loose At the 200 yard mark was using 110 accubond rl-22 64.5 grs. but I think when I loaded these I seated the bullets on a few of these a little too deep min oal. as per Lee 2nd Edition says 3.250 a few of these were like 3.235 it seams too make a differance also the trigger on thig rifle is really bad too much creep too stiff and does not break cleas and crisp like my 25-06.Other then that think it will bee a real keeper afthe i work up a few decents loads for it .If anyone has any good mixes would love too here from you with any suguestions
share.do
Player detection in Browser...

Last edited:
Weatherbys have a lot of freebore (about 0.375 inches if I remember correctly) so you can seat the bullets as long as you like.

You might try some of the Berger 115s, but the Accubonds are good bullets.

The seat on the sierras oal. was right at 3.250 too 3.252 and that 117 gr. seem too shoot really nice but In this manual was not able too find load data on any 110 gr bullets went from 100 too 115 to117 to120 so Ithink that 64.5 gr. of rl-22 was on the low end may try and step in up a bit and could not find any Berger 115s around and midway was on back order.Bob did you check out the groups.

Last edited:
46.5g RL-22 w/117g bullets out of a 257 WM??? This seems to be really really under loaded. Most guys I see are using around 67-68g with RL-22 and 110-117g bullets out of the .257 WM. Am I missing something here, or are you talking about the 257 Roberts?? 46.5g with the roberts would make sense, with the weatherby it does not make any sense at all.

Sorry was a trying too say 64.5 gr. of rl-22 but I'am looking for some more loads if anyone has some

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.