What should I convert this too...

Taos

25-06 would be fine I think. I am having some great results with a 6x284 at the moment. Do whatever strikes your fancy and have some fun!!

If your considering the 270 AI then why not go with the 25-06 AI I used to have one (Before I had a safe..it was stolen)
frown.gif
anyways great cart shoots flat! and still has enough thump for bigger critters

Long Range Demon TacKac Out
smile.gif

Hey Guys,
Haven't been in here for a long time. I was just getting ready to start down the LR path when my employment situation took a dump. I have finally landed a good perm job (vs. contracting) so I can start shooting again!
smile.gif

Bear in mind I am a newbie to LRH.
tongue.gif

Anyways here's my question:
I have a Remington Model 700 ADL here in .270 Winchester. This gun was bought for me by my Dad 30 years ago. I don't know if he bought it new or not so I don't know how old it truely is.
The barrel is just about shot out on this thing. I figure this action would be a great platform for a project. I would like to have a gun capable of shooting long range targets and varmints (pdogs) at 500 yards+. I am thinking of having this action trued up and rebarreled in 25-06. I have also flirted with the idea of a .270 AI.
What do you guys think?
Any caliber and barrel manufacturer suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[ 11-14-2004: Message edited by: Matt_G ]

[ 11-14-2004: Message edited by: Matt_G ]

Keep in mind that you dont have to stay with the standard boltface. You can have it opened up to a magnum and chamber it in anything you want. I tend to lean toward the ultra mag class cartridges. I also have a heavy 30-06, 7STW, and 260 that are very good performers. There is just not enough time to have them all, my favorite its the 338 EDGE.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts